Phlegm Dilemma

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, i have a problem! I have been dealing with this since 2021.. i have had thick phlegm or phlegm in general, that would come up and I would spit out. But now I have been spitting it up and black streaks would be in my phlegm.. kind “hair-like” if you will. My phlegm is clear and thick but would have these black “streak-like” things pop up. Sometimes i spit up phlegm and its just regular clear mucus but then other times the black stuff appears. I dont really know what else to do? I look it up and theres nothing on it but sayings of probable fungal infection or lung cancer and by the causes of smoking. Im only 19, I dont smoke, family members smoke but only smoke outside which I have still been around them smoking from time to time but not often. Also, my house can be pretty dusty but I wouldnt necessarily see that still being a cause for it to still be in my system for months? I dont live in a polluted place or work in a coal mine as those things suggest.. i dont know what else to do.. imageimage

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.