PHN

Posted , 1 user is following.

I seem to have a unique problem with my PHN after shingles.  My shingles rash was on my right buttock and into my vaginal and rectal area.  It is pure torture sitting and going to the bathroom.  I can't stand wearing underwear.  Can someone help me?  Has anyone else had shingles in this very sensitive area?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Roberta,

I have shingles one the left side on some of the same areas. Can I ask what have you tried? How long have you had PHN? I've had it for 2 years now with repeated breakouts. And no it's not herpes as some Physicans have suggested. I've pretty much tried everything out there with somethings working better than others but always with side affects. 

• Posted

Lainyar

My PHN is fairly new.  I started with Shingles July 2.  After the rash went away I was left with horrible burning pain and shooting pain usually after going to the bathroom.  So far the Dr. has me on Lyrica. 300 mg.  Nothing helps the pain and Lyrica makes me stagger around like a drunk person.  I can't take opiods so the only thing I have been taking is acetaminophen, which I want to stop due to possible liver damage. I went to a neurologist on Saturday and he wants me on 500 mg Lyrica.  Now there is a dispute with the insurance company as they only cover a 300 mg dose.  What have you tried so far?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.