Phobia fainting with panick attack or anxiety or breathing problems

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does any one have fast heart beat get very hot etc wen anxious I have a bad phobia of fainting n think I will wen anxious or panick! Have most of you not fainted wen you've had a panick attack or anxious also wen you feel like you can't breathe dies it actually mean you can't breathe!??? Daren't do anything via too scared

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have suffered from anxiety for most of my life, I actually HAVE passed out on crowded tube trains.  No, you can breath it just feels like you can't because of the anxiety.  Have you seen a Doc. at all about this?
  • Posted

Melissa. I often feel i will pass out from my anxiety or a panic attack but have not yet. I think it is rare that people pass out from them. I do have a friend of mine who says he has however. I just keep reminding myself that I am fine until the feeling passes, So far so good. Good luck!
  • Posted

You have the standard symptoms of panic/anxiety attacks.

Your body is going into "fight or flight" mode for no reason.  It is tricking you. 

I was in a panic attack for 8 hours in March and went into A&E (ER).   It did not stop  until the nurse told me the monitor showed I had more than enough oxygen in my blood, and I BELIEVED it. 

To stop an attack you must BELIEVE your body is tricking you - because IT IS! 

Another time I was sitting in the doctors' waiting room and felt I would faint if I stood up.   The way I got over it was to stand up!   That proved to me it was a trick.

• Posted

Hi, Melissa:  I have had anxiety and depression off and on my entire life.  I was in Walmart yesterday, USA, and I got really hot and short of breath.  I started feeling like everyone was laughing at me for some reason.  I have had it under control for a lot of years, but it does pop back up occasionally....Those are definately signs of anxiety, and believe me, the fainting feeling is no fun...Just keep taking your meds and try to learn to relax until the feeling passes...The more scared you get, the more you feed into a panic attack....hugs.
  • Posted

I used to faint when i was younger . Its not as scary as you think it is. Dr. Explained some pople have other conditions and it can occur but you would have known already. I dont faint anymore as i aged the BP levels are not low anymore. And if you lay on your left side you can not faint anatomically. No one will ever leave you in the ground. Its not that mean of a world at all. And no buisness would ever leave you on the ground either. One time i was awaiting a flu shot in a store and a woman fainted online and we all went to check on her. People arent so mean they would never leave you on the ground. Learn mindfull breathing, but the fainting is a blood pressure scenario..low blood pressure and you would know if were prone by now. Its nothing to fear though..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.