Phone call about review

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had a phone call yesterday about sons pip review, the lady asked couple questions as I had ticked no change, but she then said it says on the evidence letter there should be some improvement, I said there hasn't but after the call I checked my copy of evidence letter and it doesn't even imply there may be improvement, now I'm worrying they have someone else's letter mixed up with mine, can I ring and speak to them to check or is it best to wait for the decision

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Has he had an assessment for this yet? They could have contacted someone from your list for evidence also. It's rare that they do this but it has been known. So the evidence they're talking about may not be written on the evidence you supplied, but it doesn't mean they haven't been told that if they've contacted a GP/Consultant.

Yes, you can ring them. Was it the assessment providers or DWP that rang you?

• Posted

It was DWP and no he's not had an assessment for this since his original award, the only person who gave evidence letter was his psychologist which I enclosed, I don't know if it's wise to ring or not and who will I ask for

• Posted

Did you actually ask of they contacted anyone else for evidence? Just because the only letter you sent was from his psychologist then it doesn't mean they didn't contact anyone their self because it does happen, even though it's rare. They contacted 2 people from my daughters list of contacts.

Are you 100% sure it was the DWP? If it was then the assessment providers will have done a paper based assessment. If the evidence they have states he has improved then this may go against him when scoring those points.

If it was the DWP then it would have been a decision maker/case manager that you spoke to. If they do ring people, then a decision is usually made shortly after this.

You can ring DWP and ask if a decision's been made. If it hasn't then ask if the assessment report has been returned yet. If it has then you'll know it's a paper based assessment. If it hasn't been returned then it will have been the assessment providers that would have rang you and not DWP.

If the report has been returned then ask for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. There's always a report done, even with a paper based assessment. Please do come back and let us know what happens once you've rang. Good luck.

• Posted

Yes was definitely dwp she said so, sorry to appear stupid have I got this right, I ring and ask if decision been made and if it has I ask for a copy of the assessment
    • Posted

Yes, you can ask both of those questions. I wouldn't have advised that if you couldn't. It takes approx 24 hours for the decision to appear on the other computer once a decision has been made. If they can see it, they'll tell you.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Denise, just rang them and decision has been made, thankfully it's staying the same until his claim runs out in March 2019 thought I'd let you know maybe it will give a little hope to others, thanks for your help, going to try and calm down now, still shaking, thanks again

• Posted

That's good but the award time doesn't make any sense because he should have a new award length. Was March 2019 his original end date? If it was then the review he's just had would over ride that date. Awards don't end, they are reviewed 1 year before the award is due to end and then once the review decision is made a new award date is given.

Please do check the award letter for the dates when you have it. It concerns me that the person you spoke to this morning hasn't understood what you asked and they looked at the decision that was made the last time, as they've told you the award runs out in March next year.

• Posted

Hi Denise, I've just rang them again and queried the end date, they said it's an error on their part and they will have to get the person who did it to amend it, do I need start worrying again

• Posted

Forgot to say they said it has been awarded until March 2019 but the end date is the error
    • Posted

I don't know what to say Angela but i thought it didn't seem right. If the award was until March 2020 with review in March 2019 then i'd understand. Just not end date March 2019, it just makes me think that the decision hasn't been made yet.

Did you ask for a copy of the assessment report? There will still be one even though he didn't have a face 2 face assessment. Hopefully it will be sorted.

• Posted

No I didn't ask for assessment report completely forgot, was in full panic mode when I rang, the lady I spoke to checked and said decision was made yesterday, so when I asked about the end date she spoke to her case manager then came back to say date was an error on their part and she will have to get the person who did it to amend the letter

• Posted

It will state on the assessment report the recommended award length, if you ring and ask for that then you can speak to a case manager if it's not changed. They usually go with the report. The award letter should be on it's way to you if the decision was made yesterday.

If you let this go that end date will mean they will contact you 3 months before the award is due to end. You will then have to ring to apply again and then they will send you more of the original forms, rather than the review shortened version. If a decision isn't made by that end date your sons PIP payments will stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.