photo of bufflo hump

Posted , 3 users are following.

this is the photo of my hump the gp said IT WAS NOT A HUMP, i can see the weight gain round my neck, still awaiting bloods results they should be bach this week

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That certainly looks like a hump to me.  The main causes of Buffalo HUmp are usually long term use of Steroids.  Please look at your nose spray to see what it contains.  There are alternatives to Steroid sprays for sinus.  Have you ever been referred to a sinus consultant?   Take care.
    • Posted

hi vicky how can a gp not spot swellen near the clavicle bone, the sprays have changed name over the years am not sure if the ingredients are the same .it is a Corticosteroid spray do you know the name of any steroids in sprays ?
  • Posted

You should be checked at least once a year if you are on a corticosteroid spray as far as I know.  The nain symptom if you can call it that is an excess of Cortisol so to take stroids as a nasal spray everyday for so long may contribute.  I would go to see your G.P. or your Endocrinologist when you get one and explain your fears to them.  Please don't forget that most G.P's will NEVER see a Cushing's patient and are therefore learning as they go along!  Hope you get sorted quickly.
    • Posted

Thanks vicky ive never been checked in nearly 30 years its a bad show they just kept repeating the script. i will let you know the outcome x
  • Posted

Hey there! I have had this swelling right where urs is....did u find out anything more?? I have been on corticosteroids since 9 yrs old...im now 38..
    • Posted

hi ive not found anything more still doing a few more private tests, do you have cushings or addisons? did you have a tumour removed x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.