Physcian assistant advise refusal and meds

Posted , 1 user is following.

i been going to a clinic for treatment for blood pressure and zoloft for depression. I developed an absess 3 weeks ago which at this time was more so a sterile absess from injection oils from testosterone. Well i had a monthly appointment last monday and on this day the shoulder absess was first hard as a not no fever but red. and started to ooze out the bacteria or yellow stuff. I put a cotton swab on it but this happened before my appointment.

I wasnt to sure about telling a doctor it was from testosterone unless i was very sick but still the right thing to do. He said you better get to a hospital to be admitted for 4 days. Also being nervous my pressure was very high. Now this happened before with amouth absess in dentist and my pressure was worse and my infection was threw me and i was given meds not sent to hospital.

he specifically didnt say go to er. he even said ill call an ambulence. wow. now this phys assistant is like this with my blood pressure meds that he assumed i didnt take at first and said ur gonna have a stroke.like any day.. to scare me to take them but yes i know it can happen.

my point or question is i didnt go to er to be admitted for 4 days . how would he even know. he seen i had no fever . and said it was a sterile absess draining. I dont want to risk my medical assistance if somehow they see im using needles like as a heroin addict. but ok this was on my mind and i live close to the hospital. i checked my tem every hr every day and same.

now i have to see him tomm. can he kick me out and say i didnt listen to him my absess has gone down and is much better healing. i also know that i use such good disinfecting and new needles when doing testosterone. im not asking if im right or wrong its because of his saying this and obv he was scaring me again . like worried about lawsuits. i shouldnt of even told him.

should i just call my reg doctor who is new that i havent seen yet do to coovid . and say i dont agree with his care and i would ike to be put on both blood pressure and zoloft. I guess i should of switched but theyalso can see by there computers that i have another doctor . but it was much easiert to see this one.

I know it wasnt smart but if he just said to me go to the er to get it looked at i would of. I cant believe he acted like its mrsa or some infection i need ivs and hoookups when i had no sick feeling etc.. i kinda know other doctors would do this . my dentist didnt . and i had an infection in my body and my blood pressure was 240 over 180. he gave me antibiotics but didnt say u better get into a hosptial.

he didnt even check it i glanced at it and said its an absess needs to be drained but it was already draining. he himself could of gave me antibiotics but i see where a hospital wouuld neeed to do incistions if needed but mine healed.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

sorry maybe i confused any reader im wondering can he discuontiue my care andnot give me the medicaton? im actually out of it tomm. I should of just went to er but i had an appointment with him. If i seee this is a problem i willjust call my main doctor to have them allin script but he seemed to be very caring and helpful but scaring me is being to worried about " if something happens. Maybe he though he is not gonna go if i tell him to go tothe er. I had to make it where my blood pressure went up ten fold. / I will be kind and thankful but i know getting antidepessants u cant stop taking them and i suppose they woul dgive me so many until went to my reg doctor. But i just kept using him because he ordered me some liver tests

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.