Physical anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey people , I'm really having a hard time with physical anxiety symptoms.. I don't really have any mental anxiety issues other than being scared of the physical ones ! A lot of them I can shrug off and live with but the feeling faint / light headed is nearly constant and the random events of suffocation/ short of breath are terrifying! Every day it seams I'm getting it more and more and for longer periods..

Has anyone had this? Or know a way to stop the breathing issue? Slow calm breathing doesn't really help as 70% of the time when it starts im already calm. They are completely out of the blue

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Apparently your sub conscious is not calm. Something probably triggered them. When I look back I can see what triggered mine. Xx
  • Posted

Lightheadheaded and dizzy go with anxiety and depression. Its standard sadly. I can tell you mindful breathing or a 20  minutes meditation does help calm this. Some of the symptoms are really difficult its strange science basnt figured this out yet. Everyone has certain classic symotoms..cause is different but really sime symptoms are just there. I wish i had answers for you. Keep hydrated is important.the breathing thing yiu can check out with a pulmonologist andsome bloodwork to be sure b12 and iron is normal. But also what you focus on will explode as a symptom. 
  • Posted

My worst symptoms are dizziness and feeling faint, which then sends me into panic mode. Unfortunately, it's way too common. Sometimes the shortness of breath gets to me, but I try to take deeper, and slower breaths so I don't hyperventilate. In general, I pretty much just ride the wave out even though it's scary.

• Posted

Hi,.

I am in the same boat...for the padt week I have been suffering extreme physical anxiety despite taking my regular meds. I usually have some and can control them for the most part but my hearts been pounding, ive been extremely nauseous and having feelings of hopelessness. I use essential oils to try and stay calm, but they only do so much. Guideded meditation the same. I hope you find somd relief soon

• Posted

Thanks for the replys, it's always a little bit reassuring to hear other people have the same symptoms.. It's just so hard to believe how connected the brain and body are, one minute I'm thinking ok I'm fine things feel better... Next I'm thinking my symptoms are the beginning to something serious.. It's very tiring and scary

• Posted

I am exactly the same. I know I suffer from anxiety (and OCD to some degree). I don't feel like I'm actually anxious about anything, except the physical sensations. So which came first? The anxiety or the symptoms? Is the underlying cause of the symptoms an actual physical ailment? Or is my anxiety making the symptoms happen? Over and over and round and round, it's exhausting. The last few weeks I've been heavily focused on my breathing. I feel breathless way too easily when I move about and I also have aches in my shoulders, back, neck and arms, as well as a weird heart-burn type feeling in my lower throat that flares up for a second every now and then, then diminishes.

It's so difficult to accept that it's anxiety, because we've programmed our brains to focus on the tiny chance of there being something else wrong that's more sinister. The constant worrying, ruminating and checking also means we get tired and irritable easily, leading to the feeling of being down and depressed, which just adds to the problems. I would exercise, as I'm sure it would really help, but I'm terrified of exacerbating the problem.

• Posted

Yeah that's what is most worrying to me! Am I developing anxiety from my symtoms or is my anxiety giving me symtoms .. I'm mostly worries as my symtoms match those horror story's Iv read on Google .. Sore leg> scans missed dvt > went back to doctors with breathing issues> told it was asmha or stress> dies a few days later !... It's scaring me so bad

• Posted

Oh man, I know how you feel. I started getting the suffocating feeling a few days ago, and it's driving me crazy. It keeps me up at night which only makes things worse...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.