Physical Anxiety Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had some really strange physical symptoms. I feel alot of pressure around my heart. I feel pain in my heart area and fear that it will stop beating. I've had my heart checked out and they found nothing. I constantly fear they missed something. Also feel like my heart twitches at times. But I think it's my chest muscles that twitch. It's really hard to explain. Anyone else feel this?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you have health anxiety.. I have it too and it is also based around my heart. If they found nothing, you're ok.. I'm debating the hospital tonight or tomorrow because mentally I can't take the anxiety pains anymore. I'm always dealing with some kind of chest discomfort on days that I'm anxious.. This week has been pure hell. Everyday it's been aniety attacks.. Last night I had weird heart palps or thudding, scared me the whole night.. Its just something you have to get used to.. You will feel better once you learn to realize it is anxiety. Walking helps mine. Along with doing things to get my mind off of it. I know excersise isn't something you probably want to do when you feel like your heart will stop, but it really helps lol
    • Posted

You literally described what I'm feeling. I went to the hospital like twice in a 3 month span. They found nothing. For a whole month I would go to work and feel like I was going to have a heart attack at work. I would come home and just sleep. I was paralyzed. Scared to go do something. I used to be very active. But like you said it's scary to go out and thinking something might happen because of what's going in. I was as bad as you are right now dude. I would plan when I was gonna go to the ER just to get checked and have a clear mind. But it almost never works. You always think they missed something. Recently I have gotten out and gotten out of my bubble of scaredNess and gone out and socialized and gone back to do things I used to do. It has helped a lot but the symptoms are still there and it comes and goes. Do you get like new symptoms and freak out?!
    • Posted

I was actually doing great until about a week ago. My anxiety was non existent. I was going out with my friend, shopping, walking, and eating junk food. Junk food is a major thing for me because since december, I have studied the nutrional info for every single thing I ate because I was terrified of anything that increased my chance of heart disease. Anyways, last week it hot me again, and last night I had the weird heart issue going on. Then today I went to the park and got so dizzy and pale I freaked out.. Then I ate something and it calmed, but it still scared me.. Going on this page and realizing how normal some of my pains are really helps.. I wish I could just have someone give me the magic meds that would suddenly take this all away. I'm asking my doctor to switch me to Zoloft tomorrow. I'm on Celexa now and while it does calm me down to only about one panic attack a month, I'm still having about 15 anxiety filled days a month.
    • Posted

Yea fast food messed me up big time. All the processed foods / msg / sodium / crappy oil caused anxiety in the longrun.. For me it took 2-3 months and my body couldn't handle it anymore. I had a job where I couldn't leave for sometimes 16 hours so I had no choice but to order food so it screwed me up.
    • Posted

It gets better man. Ive had a wonderful week this past week. I still get chest pains and other weird symptoms. But if i dont pay attention to it, it goes away. No one can give you a magic pill man. Its all about lifestyle changes. I stopped eating junk food also because of the fear it can contribute to the "heart disease" but i dont have that. It does make you helathier though and dicreases your synptoms. Remember yhat meds are just a quick solution to the probllem.
    • Posted

See I used to looooove fast food. I mean eating out 4 or 5 days a week while pregnant.. My anxiety stems from postpartum anxiety. I just can't believe all those months I wasn't even thinking of what I was putting into my body and how my heart was acting.
    • Posted

I understand. When I had that job.. My lifestyle was crap.. Work 8-16 hours a day .. Eat fast food twice daily. Go to sleep repeat. I used to be very active in the gym and when I stopped due to overworking all that stress and cortisol hit me and I started having anxiety attacks. But I know the combination of bad diet / lack of exercise / lack of sleep caused my anxiety. All it took to set it off my panic disorder was one big cup of coffee lol
  • Posted

What kind of tests did they do?
    • Posted

EKG. Blood work for lipids and cholesterol and regular blood work. Heart echo. They were gonna do a stress test but my symptoms weren't high risk indicators of heart Disease. CT scan and I think an MRI.
    • Posted

If you got all of that done your fine and you should use that to remind yourself it's just anxiety .. I'm sure they told you it was anxiety so remember that. I know what it's like when you first start having chest pains .. I remember in 2011 I had them bad...But now I know how to manage it.

But ide reccomend you do a couple things. Buy a high quality magnesium supplement and supplement with that.. It takes away almost all my anxiety chest pain related symptoms. Also get a stress b complex supplement and a multivitamin. And for emergency panic attacks get rescue remedy.. It will save you quickly from anxiety. Also try to stop caffein / stimulants if you use it.. I get anxiety chest pain / palpitations from that. A healthy diet with no fast food and try to walk + get plenty of sleep. Do meditation/hypnosis on YouTube for anxiety and do progressive muscle relaxation.. It will stretch your chest muscles and relieve a lot of chest muscle spasms which feels like chest pain.Doing all these things.. I rarely get chest pain / palpitations now.

• Posted

I am Currently on Bylostic for my palpitations since my heart was beating to fast. It helps and it has stopped some pain but not really. I don't drink coffee or soda. I mostly eat at home 5 6 days out of the 7. I drink alot of water. I will try the magnesium supplement since it seems to work with a lot of people. I have alprazolam for anxiety attacks but never use them since most of them are gone. I have noticed a changed in my stress and anxiety level since I started being more active. Thanks heat. I will deffinantly take your advice
    • Posted

No prob. Me personally if I stop being active / eat a lot of bad foods / lack of sleep / anxiety always hits my life. I'm in a situation right now on where all I can do is eat healthy / get enough sleep.. But I can't workout because I always get anxious so I'm kinda screwed because exercise is the best stress/anxiety reliever. So I have to go on meds before I can start working out. I have more symptoms in my head (headaches / head pressure / dizziness / Lightheadedness / brain fog) so it's hard to workout like that.
    • Posted

I used to get those alot dude, lightheaded, headaches, migraines, alot of head pressure. It has reduced since ive started being more active. Not necessarily working but like walking and light activity. Im also taking omega3 and has helped a little. I hope you feel better heat as i know how its like.
    • Posted

I'm happy to hear that.. as soon as improve I will start lightly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.