physical stress after dreaming?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the most part i'm a deep sleeper not easy to wake and all that so i don't remember most dreams that happen between ds peirods but sometimes about once or twice a week i go in REM usually after being asleep for several hours.

When i go into REM i tend to have really vivid dreams but there usually good dreams but everytime i wake up i'm always short of breath, dizzy, and horibbly nausious.

The few times i do have bad dreams i wake up with a crippling headache as well, where i can barely move; feeling like someone stabbed me in the head. These headaches tend to throb, causing my ears to ring and put pressure on the back of my eyes making them really sensitive to light.

With all of these dream i wake up almost immediatly at some point in the dream usually in what i assume is the middle not after any shock point (such as dying in a bad dream) ; i usually wake up after around 3 hours after the time i went to sleep.

I dont really remember how long this has been going on but i've notice it being more common lately and its causing me to be overly tired during the day being really problematic and not helping with my prexisting sleep issues (what i assume to be some level of insomnia from anxiety). I've always just blamed it on over active brain function or something but its starting to cause me some real problems. 

any theories or dignoses would be helpful.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you seems to have stress issue to resolve before you get get a peaceful nights sleep. Maybe exercise and meditation/yoga can help. 
  • Posted

It sounds like to me that you have sleep Apnea. Get that checked out as soon as you can. You are not breathing properly and that will cause all the symptoms that you speak of. I have it and it comes and goes, but on bad nights I will wake up several times feeling head aches or out of breath. If it is Apnea, they can fit you with a device that helps you breath, in my case I have a CPAP, but you may get away with a mouth piece like my dad has.
  • Posted

Hi Gamzee, are u still experiencing this problem because i been having the excessive dreaming thing for like 9 months now and it is driving me insane. Hoping to hear back from you soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.