Physical symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

For about a week now I've had burning sensation in my chest and upper stomach, not sure if it's muscle or inside my stomach. I guess it's muscle as its sensitive when my clothes brush against it. Has anyone else had this? Also the other day I had weird sensation in my foot like a fizzing feeling and it radiated up my leg and now I keep getting aches, pinches and pins and needles in my leg which makes me worry I have a blood clot or something even though everyone is telling me it's just anxiety, I'm having hard time sleeping because of it. Does anyone else experience these things? I hate how every pain I get I think I'm dying!!!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I know what you mean..just that I don't get burning sensation..for me it's more tightness of chest upon waking up from sleep and randomly throughout the day sometimes..I feel that for my leg too in the middle of my sleep,woke up and felt worried than went back to sleep,then felt it in my arms got scared but I somehow fell asleep back again..yup me too..right now I have a random sharp pain on my back and tension and stiff neck..of cause I attribute that to my heart worry myself sick..I hate how anxiety sucks the life out of us..I'm 23 with 18 mthe old..I cry myself to sleep everyday thinking I'm going to die and leave him to grow up without a mum..Imy worried about my heart a lot. .went for a lot of test..ecgs bloods and urine blood pressure numerous times and docs listened to my heart..put it down to anxiety and gave me xanan..I haven't tried the med...it's been 6 mths so far..how about you?
    • Posted

I am the same exact way. I'm not eating and I'm loosing weight. I had ct scans blood wrk ekgs and stil nothing. At night it's hard to sleep as it feels like I'm going to stop breathing in my sleep. It's been five months for me. My dr gave me Xanax but I stop taking them did not wanna depend on them. Everyday is an struggle for me. I hate it but I have to keep faith and pray that everything will be alright and this too shall pass!!! I'm here if u need anyone to talk to
    • Posted

Hi Jay. .it reallyet makes us feel hopeless right..me too..I have lost a lot of weight ever since this anxiety came and destroy my life..I'm scared to eat thinking it will affect my heart and all those crap..now I'm starting to eat as per normal again..what makes you stop eating?can explain the physical symptoms you feel..chest related. Cause I feel weird tightness and pressure feeling a lot these days..Told my doc he said anxiety..
    • Posted

Where do I start every physical symptoms there is I have. From tingling and numbness in face arms and feet headaches feeling ill body trembles shaking idk y I lost my appetite it was up and dwn now I dnt eat at all. Wen I do eat my stomach hurts really bad my head starts to hurt and my heart pounds. Chest pain tightness in chest shortness of breath and sometimes I have sharp pains. Yet they say it's anxiety which I feel like it's more to it. Idk I just want my life back and wanna be me again... I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. What about you? How much weight have u lost?
    • Posted

I feel you..initially I felt a lot more symptoms mainly tingling in hands and feet,shortness of breath,shaking,trembling,cold flashes,chest tightness,hyperventilating,fatigue,low energy,no mood for anything,lost of appetite,hardly drink,scared to leave home,lump in throat,palpitation,sensations around my chest left side,underarms and sharp shooting pains..nowadays all those are practically gone only left with chest tightness and discomfort and sharp pain around my left rib,negative thoughts..or yes and back and neck ache and stiffness..I started to stop eating with the lump in throat feeling as I feel I'm going to chock and die..I use to be 70kg after birth of my son now I'm 56kg..
    • Posted

You should at least have small meals to avoid gastric..if not than you may have to struggle with stomach pain on top of the already over loading anxiety symptoms..try to eat at least a sandwich or something light and easy to digest..it might help you with the stomach issues..I'm just completely consumed by negative thoughts today..I can't help but to thing of the worst..I'm trying to stay positive..
    • Posted

That's how I feel now no energy to do anything. I don't see how anxiety can do this to a person. It's a living hell!!! I'm forcing myself now to get and and go to work but I have no energy on top of not eating. I try to eat but everytime I do my heart starts to race and my head hurts then my stomach goes in knots. Then it triggers panic attacks.. It's very irratating
    • Posted

This is what helped me and gave me motivation to eat so maybe you can say this to yourself over and over again while your eating until you finish your food..just tell yourself if you eat or you don't eat doesn't make a difference so might as well you eat and enjoy your food..slowly but surely you-ll get over eat and enjoy your food..right now I'm having some weird aching feeling all over my body alespecially my arms..I'm trying not to freak out..
    • Posted

I'll give it a try.. My stomach starts to hurt really bad like five minutes after I eat it's terrible.. But thanks for the advice I'll give it a shot. It's crazy how these physical symptoms are and how they make you feel.. But this to shall pass
    • Posted

Hi Jay. .wondering how you'really doing today?my anxiety got the better of me and cried the whOle. .sigh ..I kept on thinking of heart attack and feared it will happen to me..I woke up with chest pain and wave like sensations in my heart..justhe got scared. I'm really tired of this crap..anyways hope you're doing good..
    • Posted

Hey rahb01 I'm doing ok this morning.. Had enough strength to get up and go to work today. Just gotta get my appetite back under control. I am five days into not taking any Xanax. Starting to feel like myself day by day. Taking baby steps. But I am sorry to hear that you had a bad night/morning. Remember though things will get better. This too shall pass!!! Have to keep an positive mind set and ignore those physical symptoms. I know it's easier said than done but you can not let this anxiety get the best of you.. Everything will be ok gotta keep the faith!!!
    • Posted

Hey Jay. .thanks a lot. .it really helps..so nice to hear you'really doing fine..just it has been very crap for me..like I feel very demoralize by all the negative thoughts I can't help but to believe in it especially when the physical symptoms are so real. .my husband told me ecgs are good enough to tell. .especially for someone by age,23,as I'm young and no bad habits so if ecgs is fine then believe it..he studied biomedical and he knows the heart and it's symptoms a lot and he keep telling me what I'm going through is not heart related and it's all anxiety when I break down I'm letting it rule my life..I agree with him but it's really hard..I'm trying. .everyday I see my son''s face it's just breaks my heart..I try to be normal for him..I love my family to bits you know..I love my marriage..it's a beautiful time for us as we'll be moving into out own home very soon and I wanna enjoy all this and have another baby aND all..it's just I kept thinking of impeding doom and I can't get over it..it's so hard..my mom keep scolding me saying Im making everyone stress..sigh.I really don't wanna be this way..I'm trying my best
    • Posted

I understand how you feel when you constantly worry about your heart. Feel as if the Drs missed something. But I'm pretty sure if it was something serious or life threatening it would have been detected. It's hard accepting anxiety because the physical symptoms we feel. I feel like I'm slowly dying from a deadly disease wen I was having anxiety attacks. Now they are seeming to let up day by day and I'm learning to cope with it. I KNO it is very hard but you have to be strong and don't let it take over your life. I bet you use to go out shop and love being outdoors now it's hard to even get up and get out the house. Trust me I know the feeling . I don't enjoy doing anything I use to love to do anymore but i am slowly pacing myself to get back into those things. How are you feeling now?
  • Posted

Hi I no its easy to say don't worry. But pleas don't I had all the symptoms you have and after several trips to the Dr who confirmed anxiety to be the culprit. It as gone now after 2 weeks of it constant day and night phew. I have had anxiety for many years but had never had the itchy buying numb skin sensations before coupled with extreme dizziness I too thought I had a blood clot or something. Now several weeks on anxiety as reared it's head in the form of constant heart palpitations. The doctor is doing bloods to check my thyroid glands and a ecg to check my heart to be on the safe side but again it's probably anxiety and another one of its cruel games x
  • Posted

I have been dealing with all kinds of weird skin sensations for a couple of months now. It all started with muscle twitching everywhere and then Tingling, burning, crawling, in different areas of my body. My blood tests revealed that I had iron deficiency anemia and deficient in vitamin D. After over a month of taking supplements and my iron/vitamin D levels became normal, the muscle twitching went away for the most part but I still have some other weird sensations. I've always been somewhat of an anxious person but never had any physical symptoms of it. Especially, I have these symptoms when I'm not even feeling anxious. ( maybe a subconscious thing. I don't know ) lately I've have burning feelings in my head, particularly in one spot, but sometimes in other spots of my head. This burning sensation on my skin also comes and goes on my legs. Of course, my mind goes to brain tumor and all the other horrible things it could be. So my question: do any of you experience burning skin sensations and on your head as well? I want to know if this could be anxiety related.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.