Physical symptoms of depression?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My third post.  Suffered on and off with serious depressive episodes (mostly on).  Up until new year I was drinking too much which I seem to have a handle on now.  Was also taking paracetamol and anti inflammatories every day for the dreadful muscle  aches and pains.  My only relief is keeping wrm in bed but then the sleeplessness is worse at night.

Does anyone else experience this?  My doctor doesn't have any ideas and I really cannot take painkillers etc every day...

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sue my closest friend is coming out of a similar situation. It is not an easy, or short, process. Channeling attention and motivation to productive, long-term processes, namely movement and movement integration into the psyche, is what helped him the most. Second to that was mindset, and thought-pattern improvement.

There can be no physical symptoms of depression visible to you or others. Just like the chronic, long-term disease it is, the visibile symptoms could be just as long-term. For instance, my friends' physique is still toned in places, but not due to good reasons. His body is a shell of what it used to be, but compared to others ofhis age, he looks aesthetically better.

Alcohol is seriously toxic to someone with a low immune system. The negative loop cycle it helps perpetuate goes through the mind and back down again to the body, and I know it helps you in the short-term as a distractionary relief tactic. So does weed, games, adrenaline, morpheine, etc etc. My point is to know this and to know that the only process, I'm very hard to say, is a long-term, mediated, intuitive process. Something that actually sounds horrible to someone in your situation, and I can completely empathise. If you have a natural/hollisitic health practioner local, they would be a Godsend. Where abouts are you located roughly and I can perhaps look some up.

• Posted

Thanks for replying.  

I am based in the north of England

• Posted

Mind I ask where abouts roughly in the North. Sorry us Southerners can class even the Midlands as North rolleyes
    • Posted

Rather not say on the forum... sorry confused
    • Posted

Right well I'll assume ... Manchester!

Contact Sylvan Richardson of Rich Therapies for a head start

• Posted

Maybe get on some meds for arthritis.  The drinking is just a secondary way to handle the pain. 
    • Posted

Thanks for replying.  I do have some arthritis but the pain/deep aches are more in the muscles

I do sleep soundly after alocohol .....probably because I am totally relaxed , but that's the only good thing.  So sleep and alcohol are the focus for me right now

I was until new year, taking painkillers and anti inflammatories every day, but I have stopped that because its unhealthy.

I just hope I can keep working through all this

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.