physical symptoms of general anxiety disorder and depression

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all was wondering what physical symptoms people get from general anxiety disorder and depression. Mine are a constant feeling of a tummy bug,nausea,constipation and diahroer, frequent urination a general feeling of panic and frequent bloating, i take sertraline 50mg have been for a month allthough i feel a bit calmer the physical symptoms havent calmed down can anyone else relate? I have had clear bloods and urine 2 stomach examination and nothing came up my 4 drs are all sure its anxiey based and refuse any more tests i dont want them really just sick of feeling ill all the time sick of feeling sick lol. Anyone out there please relate?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm kind of in the same boat except my physical symptoms are mostly pressure in my head and headaches along with lumpy feeling in my throats when swallowing I too had bloods and urine and both came back good was told it was anxiety and obviously didn't believe them but started 20mg of Celexa which helped was on it for 7 weeks but started slippinback with my same symptoms I started with so they increased me to 30mg and today is day two one that dose hopefully anxiety is all it is and we can back to being our normal self again i for one miss the old me it's been almost 4 months since this started for me and I've only had 7-10 days of felling even close to me at all just seems never ending

• Posted

Your concerns are all parts of Anxiety. Depression can lead on from Anxiety and that.

Your tests have proven you are medically ok and I can understand why your GP has refused any further tests at this time. Many tests they give have some side effects that can cause concerns so you need to trust those who have seen your results. and explained your diagnosis.

I take a great deal of medications on top of two AD medications and have problems with my tummy, however all of your above problems do not show in my case. Giv yourself a little more time and see how it goes.

Your GP has started you on a good medication trust your GP

• Posted

Thank you just hate feeling ill all the time I do trust my gp it's just hard I don't want to go searching for answers that are right infront of my face I am hoping to get back to work slowly eat better and exercise more fingers crossed thank you

• Posted

I take chamomile tea for my nauseaus and bloating and sometimes raw ginger tea. And for diarreah I eat banana and fiber rich foods like broccoli.

I know it's easier said than done, but try not to think too much of the symptoms as it will make the bloating worse which will then turn into the other symptoms.

I have both anxiety and deep depression but I'm not taking any med. I just try to stay positive, have good night rest(atleast 7-9hrs of sleep), watch what I eat, exercise, and try not to think too much of my other physical symptoms, as I would have many different kinds of symptoms each day...I would just accept them as part of my anxiety and depression. And I also stayed away from Google. Lol.

I wouldn't say I'm totally back to normal but I think I am steadily getting there. So about 80%. I think our brain are very powerful but as so is our wills. I use my will to want to get better to fight the dark clouds that would come over me sometimes. It's not that easy but I keep telling myself I am going to get better and will get out if this hole.

You can do it. Trust that you are what the doctors say. Don't doubt them and think you know better as it will increase feelings of hopelessness and anxiety.

Hang in there.You will get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.