Physical symptoms- when will they stop!?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

Me again. Does anyone have physical symptoms with their anxiety?

Yesterday in work it happened and my boss just looked scared and shocked. I felt the fight or flight. I didn't run I wanted too :-( then I felt the anxiety trying to build momentum.

Then my face turns a funny colour and I look rather odd, I know this because I've seen my face in the mirror when it happened before. Ive had times when I've froze to the spot and shake.

Has anyone experienced symptoms? And have they now gone. I'm worrying we have management visiting my work again soon, and I don't want it to happen again but I can't control it.

I'm on sertraline have been for three weeks. I need these symptoms to stop. I also take propanolo.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I have this every day. It starts in the morning and if I'm lucky I will begin to feel better by 3pm. Yesterday it lasted all day and eveining. I feel scared with a lump in my throat. My breathing is heavy and I can't focus on anything but how I feel. This is generalized anxiety disorder and I suffer every day.

I started 150mg Zoloft 14 days ago to help me get better. For the first time I had 3 pretty good days on Friday to Sunday but yesterday was awful and today just a little better. I've been told it could take 2 weeks to start feeling some benefits of Zoloft but up to 8 weeks for the full benefits.

• Posted

Hi Paul,

I have GAD too, I felt some benefit from the meds but I'm still having some anxiety with physical symptoms. I don't want to have to leave my Job. I just hope I feel the full benefits soon :-(

• Posted

Hang on in there! You will find each week that passes you have more and more good days with less symptoms and you'll have less need to take Propranolol, that's when you'll know things are improving, it's very important you don't miss a dose of Sertraline. This is a slow working drug and takes time. Stay positive that it'll work for you and good luck

• Posted

I know that building feeling, I get overwhelmed and feel like I'm being choked and everything goes fuzzy I sweat then I'm cold then I shiver, the worst is when I have to do a presentation to the whole company! Good news is I'm now totally symptom free I wait for the feeling I expect it and it just doesn't happen now I noticed it quickly then each time my anxiety has creeped in I've upped my dose. I started on 50 and I'm on 125 now and been on sertraline for around 5 months. It's changed my life! I used to take propanol with my sertraline every night and ahead of any situations that may trigger my anxiety, I then just stopped them as felt I didn't need them x

• Posted

So glad to hear this. I was on 50mg for two weeks, last week I've been on 100mg. How long did it take to start fully seeing the benefits? Can you drink on sertraline? I won't yet but I'm just thinking of future nights out.

• Posted

I'm on 50mg which I have been on all along, awful side effects for about 3-4 weeks but my Dr had warned me this could happen so I stuck with it using Propranolol to ease the anxiety symptoms. It's now been 4 1/2 months. I tend to avoid alcohol, funny enough I don't really crave it anymore and I used to love a couple of glasses of wine on a Friday and Saturday night, this may be because I had a panic attack one night after having some, so could be psychological? When I tried a small glass of wine a few weeks back my eyes went blurry and I felt anxiety rising so stopped, but everyone is different of course. It is advised to avoid alcohol on Sertraline also.

• Posted

I started to feel a bit better after 2-3 weeks but still bouts of anxiety my doctor upped to 100 and I was hreay after a week never felt better, was on 100 for around 4 months then started to get a little anxiety no devised to go up to 125 that took me around 3 weeks to get used to the increase and I'm now feeling gtest again. I have a few glasses of witness in the week and I've had a few nights out so I've been fine drinking on them but I would get used to the medication first and maybe take it easy especially if your out x hope your feeling better soo. Stick with it it really works xxxx

• Posted

Hi OneStep,

How have you been feeling? Ho much are you on now and how long has it been?

I'm currently on 150mg and it's been 7 weeks. Although I was on 175 for about 3 weeks during the last 3 of the 7. I dropped back down to 150 because I felt more extreme nervousness and body shaking. I had three good days two weekends ago but other than that it feels like I'm not improving. I'm also taking 125mg Trazadone at bedtime which is helping me sleep, but I'm not sure if I'm getting too much seretonin which is causing the nervousness and shakiness. My breathing is also heavy which makes my throat burn. I tried propronolol but it wasn't quite effective. I read that it can cause asthma which could be the throat thing I'm feeling.

• Posted

Hi Paul,

It's been about seven weeks. I'm on 100mg it's a bit up and down at the moment. Started to feel better... then went backwards. the weekend wasn't great. Felt down and slept all day Sunday. Feel a lot better today. I'm also taking propanolo as and when I feel I need it. Mainly to help with the physical Symptoms. Which can be scary, for me and anyone that has to witness them. How are you getting on?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.