Physical Therapy

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I am 9 weeks post op and hit 120 today in PT. Of course the therapist aided me in getting there. I am thinking even though he helped get me there it’s still a very good and healthy knee made it. On Tuesday I was at 115 with some help. They assigned me now this guy and since being with him I have been getting a bit further in my bend.

2 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I was 13-weeks post op when I finished PT at -1 / +123 (from starting at -14 / +84).  It takes time and work.  Hitting 120 at 9 weeks is excellent.  Keep it up!!!
    • Posted

thanks but that was with help of aid lol I am trying so hard but feels like there might be light at end of tunne. It's a distant light still but it's there. 

You too have made excellent progress by those numbers smile something to be proud of smile

• Posted

When you start seeing the light and the pain is receding, you'll realize that the light is NOT an oncoming train!!!  It just takes time...work...patience.

• Posted

Indeed! Hahaha one day at a time and there are a lot of them smile nice thing though is being able to get a glimpse of what goodness lies ahead. This is a true gift after all these weeks. 
    • Posted

Today, I was on with another Forum member who was celebrating his 1 year anniversary.  His mention that the incredibly fast progression back to normal for him in the 10-12 month range really surprised him.  After all the pain and all the work, there are better times ahead.  Just keep working at it...time will do the rest.
  • Posted

My best therapy was what I did on my own. I did therapy religiously.

When I had my first knee replacement, I had a therapist that scared me to death. She said if I didn’t bend my knee, etc. I would have to

go back and have another surgery. I was at 120 bend after 9 days.

I had knee replacement August 3. I was at 105 within 5 days . I was at 132 after 3 weeks. 

The surgeon couldn’t believe it . I knew that I was not going back for more surgery. 

After 3o days, which I did not have therapy for 3 weeks due to surgeon’s office, I have not had any therapy. Again, I do the therapy on my own. 

I even forget that I had both knee surgeries.

The first 6 weeks were hell. All of a sudden

things turned around, thank God. Power

of prayer is amazing.

I wish you the best. Knee surgery is awful. I thank God that I don’t have a 3rd. Knee. I had to have the 2 surgeries. Don’t want to ever do it again.

• Posted

Good grief you’re amazing! I could never have done what you have done. LOL congratulationssmile I am barely making the turn for the better now which I am grateful for immensely. You are a tough lady and an inspiration.

Wishing you all the best for continued success

• Posted

Oh Mary Kay!! I am so with you on the grateful to have only 2 knees. Glad you are doing well!! I am Day 11 reaching all my goals and feeling so blessed!!!
    • Posted

Thank you! Anyone that has had knee is

amazing. I am 70 and I sure didn’t want to have the 2nd one.

I am truly blessed. I hope the best to you. One main thing is my husband. He has been a God send. He has taken care of me 100%. I hope you are as fortunate as I am and have someone in your life that is there for you.

God bless you!

Mary Kay

• Posted

So happy you are doing so good. And yes I too have been blessed to have my husband take good care of me through this healing process. It’s so long and arduous I am very grateful. 
  • Posted

That sounds great! Well done!
    • Posted

Thank you! It's scary a bit for me cause PT guy is good but he helps get my knee   bent and it scares me a little. With his help got to 120 which I never thought I would see. Can't do it on my own but it helps me with everything else I think. Somethings are getting easier for now. wink

• Posted

Lovely to hear it! No rush..,it will come. Mine improved a lot around the 12 week mark... is it still swollen?
    • Posted

Yes I still have swelling sad he wants me to be sure ice gets to back of knee as well!
    • Posted

Well when that goes down your range of motion will automatically get better with no extra effort from yourself...Well, going on what happened with mine, I only speak from experience!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.