Physical Urticaria,

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, every year I get Urticaria starts about January ends about may, areas side of the face and backs of hands, pretty itchy flaking skin, tried the usual creams etc, just lately I've started using peppermint essential oil, 2 drops to a teaspoon of carrier oil sweet almond oil, it seems to stop the itching makes the skin smoother, anyone else use something different.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problem. No relief despite using various moisturizers. Hence I would also be interested to see the views on this subject.
    • Posted

Hi, nothing I use stops the Urticaria, I've just tried to deal with the symptoms every year for about 10 years, I've tried all the usual stuff, I think some people have a system that's prone to allergies etc, I used to suffer with Rhinitis bad when younger, that went and now Urticaria, I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis so could be a link there, and IBS.

• Posted

HI 

I use emuaide or emu essential oil and that works great.. I have also used apple cider vinegar with the mother like Braggs.. but you do smell like vinegar.. lol..right now I am taking xolair shots once a month so I only get a couple of hives to deal with.. Good luck great the peppermint works I love essential oils.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.