Physician heal thyself

Posted , 5 users are following.

I suggested some little while ago that a week of complete abstinence of food other than the most basic to see if your conditions improved, no one as I can see from the posting have tried, they would rather take drugs that have no real track record for their condition from doctors who admit they have no idea what cause it, years ago doctors said smoking was good for you, try self healing, you know yourself better than anyone.

?Have headache, paracetamol, sore throat, paracetamol, stiff shoulder, paracetamol, it clears the pain but does not cure the reason for the pain, most pain killers would do the same so eventually your doctor will get the right "killer" but not the cause for your R.L.S. so unless you feel yours is an inherited condition look to yourself for a cure

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI there, INTERESTING. I absolutely hear you with what you mention above., things with docs are always just covered up and nothing ever gets solved,. its only ever a temporary fix not fixing the whole problem and digging deeper. Yip drugs and more meds they love giving too.  What you mention with the food thing is interesting however, because i was trying to lose some weight later last year and i decided to go on optifast for  two meals and then did the keto diet with for  lunch. chicken. fish egg. This was working but i tell you what. my restless legs stepped  up and went quite mad , and it was not short lived either. I will menton though i took a while back an iron liquid which the doc described me for lack of iron of couse but from day one it stopped my restless legs,. i must start it again too.  Just thought i would mention this., Very interesting subject too. I am pre menopausal and going through this leg thing alot lately so i think its hormones too , as i got it really bad on my third trimester of my pregnanacy although 22 yrs back now , but it completely corrected itself once i had my son., of course until my 40s

• Posted

Hi Victor, autopsies of the brains of people who had RLS during their lifetime show that we have smaller and fewer than normal dopamine receptors, especially in the substania nigra and way less BRAIN iron reserve than normal people.  Iron is part of the equation that helps our receptors attract and process dopamine.  I imagine that since we have little to no brain iron reserves (and bodily reserves of iron don't seem to help)  then we rely heavily on unbound circulating iron which plummets at night and is probably one of the reasons why RLS is so prevalent at night.  So yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly that anything that stands a chance of up regulating our pathetic receptors is worthwhile.  Non RLS studies have shown that intermittent fasting or severe calorie restriction will up regulate the dopamine receptors.  Supposedly a substance called uridine as well as berberine will up regulate dopamine receptors.  Google it, I think you will enjoy reading about it.  These substances should not be taken at night because they stand a great chance of initially making RLS worse in the first few hours of taking.  Anyways, my get out of jail free substance is ferrous bisglycinate.  Has never failed to quiet my legs.  Comes in patch form too.  I only take it at night and use it the way you would an aspirin.  I know Johns Hopkins will give RLS patients a high dose iron shot with the thought that the higher the bodily stores the better the RLS will be.  I'm just not sure.  What's the magic number when our brains will get some of that stored iron.  50? 100? 200?  How are you doing these days?

• Posted

Thanks for your comments, while I stick to my "diet" I have no problems plus and it is a big plus make sure I use my bowel daily

?All the best

• Posted

?2 rondre abas30621 about a year agoStop your suffering.  First of all get off of all those drugs, they are nothing but masks and do not treat the cause, only the symptoms.  Get a prescription for Ropinarole which is a dopamine agonist.  Your body produces dopamine, it is a natural chemical in the body which effects the brain.  You do not have enough in your system so the neurons cannot properly fire correctly with the synapsis.

Take 2mg in the early afternoon, and then 6 or 8 in the evening.  Your mood will improve drastically and your restless legs will callm down.  It might take a couple of days, but it will work.  I am 80 yrs. old.  Have had the problem all my life, most of the time I am trouble free, I hae done years and years of reseach.  Chances are you were a child with ADHD which is a ridiculous expression because all it does is describe the behaviour, but it does nothing to solve the problem.  Try to meditate, take very hot showers on the back of your head and spine,then abruptly switch the water to very cold. Let the water run about 2 minutes each time.  Do this three times.  It will take your breath away but also shock your electrical system which will stop all the twitching, spasms, and restlessness.

Above all get rid of all those drugs. You are overloading your brain tissue and every organ with poisons.Take the dopamine and you will definitely find relief.  Good luck, and don't give up. 

• Posted

Thanks for sharing. I will try your hot and cold shower. You don't approve using drugs for RLS but do you consider Ropinarole a drug too? Doctor prescribed Sifrol and it works for me. But I want to find a non medication method and hopefully can find a cure to the root problem. So far, information found is not promising, i.e. no cure for RLS and get worse with age.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.