Physio

Posted , 14 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I'm just wondering how much physio do you all have from the hospital as i don't have any. Before i was discharged the physio gave me leaflets on the excises and made sure I could walk but that is pretty much it.  I am thinking of giving them a call to ask to be seen, any thoughts?

Thank you all for all your lovely previous messages

Sharon (Daffi)

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Same in Australia, a handout of exercises to do, the hospital physio's come and show you how to do them properly, but of course at that point you are sooo sore, and medicated on serious pain killers you are not really interested.

I went to a private physio at about 10 days after surgery, no physio done except very gently massaged, rather a skin rub with some moisturiser, it was lovely but a complete waste of money, must admit he went through the exercise sheet with me again and told me I was doing very well following the exercise sheet, but I felt something wasn't right, but thats another story.

Some months later when I didn't make good progress I asked for a referral back to the hospital 6 months later they finally saw me, I was classified as non-urgent.

In the mean time I had been treading water in the local heated pool, from about 3 weeks, after GP gave me clearance that the cut had healed completly.

Without that treading water I believe I would still be in a wheelchair with my hip replacements and background arthritis, ruptured discs and bulging discs in lower spine causing me immense pain.

• Posted

I didn't even get a handout. Lucky you. I had no exercises. It was kind of like "well, you're leg hasn't fallen off in the past two days and you can walk so off you go." I even had to walk out of the hospital unaided carrying my heavy bag...

I'm organising my own physio now.

• Posted

OMG!! I can't believe that they would send you out with yang assistance!! I mean did they even care if you had a ride home? I hope all goes well for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.