Physio

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi as some of you already i was struggling wirh ankle fusion im walking on it with a bad limp my question is consultant said ankle wont move but physio is trying to move something that is impossible to move and said consultant dont know what people have to go through to get better any advice on whether or qhonoa being honest

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

my last day of therapy was today because where the plates pins and screws surrounding my ankle mobility it's keeping from trying to gain mobility so they just stopped my therapy because it defeats the purpose. you should get a second opinion and go from there.

• Posted

hi i think i will con tact my consultant as i dont think they have tk many conversation together something doesnt sit right thankyou

• Edited

I did not have an ankle fusion, but while i was preparing for my own ankle surgery, my nurse told me that she had an ankle fusion. i was stunned, since she didnt have the slightest limp. i asked her how she managed that. she said LOTS and LOTS of practice. she added that she was afraid she wouldn't be hired for her nursing position because of the limp and the amount of required walking.

• Edited

Roberta 265

That's what am afraid of as well because before i had my accident i worked in the medical field and dealing with lots of walking being on my feet is going to be hard for me.

• Edited

I'm 7 months in and wore 2and a half inch heels with no limp yet when I wear good shoes (flats)

I limp...go figure!!!

• Edited

thankyou robert i had a dodgy ankle before thats why he fuaed it but males no sense in the fact that its fused yet she wants to move it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.