physio&traction

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi judith didnt have traction but sounds painful maybe because i have prolapsed discs in my neck, the exercises i can understand as you have to keep up some amount of muscle around the area saves all the exercise once you,ve had surgery if thats a option i suppose it helps with the strenghening around the injured area-you know the saying have to be cruel to be kind! i did have exercises to do and they did help although they were painful-dont now about the gym though, which i,d love to do the weight i,m putting on is terrible. hope your feeling a bit more relaxed today i,m sure it will be of benefit in the end :lol: have a good weekend . gail

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gail

Yes have done my exercises again to-night even my good leg is killing me but I just hope that it will make a difference, must sa I have had a better day to-day and got up easier this morning even managed to sleep on my side last night for a while as well, even though the pains were shooting up my right leg when I moved, keep looking at my car thinking shall I have a go but don't think I dare, will have t go on payng the taxi fare to work when I go in, what sort of weekend have you had, will speak to you soon

Jude smile

• Posted

PS

The tration is great so relaxing 8)

• Posted

hi judith know what you mean about sleeping on your side i,m still not able to sometimes when i,m asleep i turn (unknowing) then i wake i,m in so much pain, my bed in the morning is like i,ve had a fight with someone! :lol: hopefully your starting to recover from the flare-up but please be careful i learnt the hard way and thought oh brill im ok again and started to do things like gardening and decorating- boy did i pay for it the pain after two days was as bad as when it first happened. how did you come to hurt yourself? i,ve had a good weekend havent done a lot but i cooked lunch and had a glass of wine , thats about as much as i can do now my arm is aching again. take care gail
  • Posted

Hi Gail

Really didn't do anything to hurt myself, went to open my sons car door to get his little one out did'n't get as far as opening the door, and felt an ache in my back which gradually got worse,the only other thing I can think of is about four days before that I tried to get my Chocolate Lab in the bath to give hiim a shower maybe.

To-day my bones all seem to be sore in both legs and my hips sometimes I wonder is it a disk or something else, I have taken heed in what you ARE Saying and I am not doing to much just general thinga can't hoover but can manage to mop wooden floors etc, actually got in the bath instead of the shower but boy did it hurt. What do you find to do to fill your days you must be going potty at home, which end of B do you live I live crem end.

Oh well will try and go in to work again tomorrow for a few hours at leat that keeps me sane, speak to you soon

Jude :?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.