Physio anyone find it helpful?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have 3 herniated discs in my neck. Has anyone one else found physio helpful. How much pain were you in afterwards. I literally wanted to die aftetwards it was unbearable. Did anyone else find it got easier and helpful.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've heard loads of people say physio has not helped at all and has made symptoms worse.   If a disc has herniated and the leakage is pressing on the sciatic nerve then I cannot see how neck manipulation would help in the slightest apart from putting extra pressure on it and inflaming the nerves.   My surgeon said only way to prevent the sciatic nerve compression was to trim back the herniated part which is pressing on the nerves.   I had physio years ago when my neck went and stupid person pressed really hard on the neck which resulted in the pain going right down to my ribs and was in agony for 2 weeks

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I must admit i have mu doubts. I have been given a tens machine now but that doesnt seem to help. Have you tried one?
  • Posted

Hi, I have a herniated disc in my lower back. I was sent for physio before I had an MRI so didn't know at the time what was actually wrong with my back, but physio also made me worse, I actually could not hardly walk for days after which was why I was then sent for the MRI. I have since been told that anything that causes pain, do not continue to do. I then went on YouTube to find stretches for bulging discs, I found some simple stretches that caused no pain and have now been pain free for at least 4 months now. So I'd say stretches do help but try and find ones that are suitable for you

• Posted

Thank you i will take a look on you tube. I am having accupunture at the moment and trying this as the physio suggested it might work. Thanks for your reply and best wishes
  • Posted

I have physio on my neck every week and have done for a few years! I have gone from wanting to break my own neck to managing to have some sort of life. 

I find that physio enables me to do things again although I’m still quite restricted. 

I have a lot of radiculopathy and spasms still but physio helps to keep it at a manageable level. 

• Posted

Was surgery ever disscussed with you? Have you got herniated discs in your neck? Thank you so much for your reply it means such alot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.