Physio/Chiropractor

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you're all doing ok and not in too much pain.

My mum's CS has been playing up, she's convinced it's pressing on a nerve that's affecting her tongue (it's currently deviated)

Anyway, question is has physiotherapy or a chiropractor /Osteopath helped anyone?

The GP says she should just to exercises at home, she's almost 75.. thoughts appreciated?

thanks all

xGem

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Gemmies,

in my case it made me feel worse,after eight sessions I had to call a halt.

• Posted

Oh really Benggo? what did you have? Physio?

thanks useful to know

• Posted

Gemmies,

I had phisio,I first "begged"for an xray and then was sent for phisio,I know the saying is "no pain no gain"but I think I had pain for a dozen people,I t might be okay for your Mother,there's only one way to find out.

• Posted

you poor thing, that sounds horrible.

I guess so, thanks for the feedback! 

• Posted

Hi Gemmies

physio made mine worse gentle exercises should help your mum if she can do it because it can affect people differently what works for one might not work for another.Heat can help as can cold in some cases! If your mum is on pain killers tell her to take them before she does any excercises as it helps to ease the pain. I dont think your mum should be very careful unless she has always been active with exercises it might do more harm than good. Can your mum swim if so and she is able excercises in water will be better ask your GP about them he/she can refer her if she wants and it is not as harsh on your bones. I know she is 75 but your GP can refer you for water therapy. Sorry to go on a bit as for it to affect her tongue it can happen and it can be scarey.A chiropractor works has she tried accupuncture that might help? Hope she finds something that helps with her pain and she finds some relief. rolleyes 

• Posted

Hi Jeanette, thanks so much for your reply.

She can swim yes.. will look into that thanks.

She's doing the exercises the doc advised.  I think we are just thinking that there's something that needs to be relieved in order to make sure her tongue goes back to normal I guess.

She's not tried Acu.. but there is a local one.. could be a goer.

Thanks for your time in replying, all helps and thanks for the wishes.

All best,

xGem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.