Physio forever?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have l5s1 disc protrusion for nearly 2 years also had it 5 years ago but it went.

In a lot of pain until I had nerve block injection a year ago which did help.

However I still have to go to physio once a month usually because I am out of alignment or not level. Is this normal sometimes after a busy time in work I have had to go every 3 weeks. Still get pelvis spasms. Back stiffness. SI joint stuck. Disc sciatica flare ups etc.

I have been offered more injections. Or to do nothing. I was advised surgery is a last resort as you can having other issues as a result. Feel resigned to a life of not doing too much in case. Would like to know your thoughts? It is affecting my mood my work and my marriage.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi am

How on earth are you still able to work ?

I lost my job and my relationship my advice is try everything for it ,if it doesn't work try surgery , I am unable to move because of stiffness and severe low back pain ,can't walk ..I really hope you are sorted soon it's a horrible way of living ..

Mimm xx

• Posted

I am sorry you are in so much pain. I was off work for 5 months and also couldn't walk very far so I know how it feels. After the injection I found I could sit and walk for longer so I am grateful for that. I am sorry to hear you lost your job and relationship it is hard. What is next for you?

• Posted

Hi Am

I'm hoping to see a Dr Thursday and ask them to send me for a second opinion , I need extra pain relief also so ,I don't know we're else to turn to ,people assume sciatica is nothing they don't realise its life changing ,

Mimm xx

• Posted

Here are my experiences...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/sciatic-nerve-pain-from-the-perspective-of-many-decades-629096

Gotta find the true cause of this.  I'd go see a neurosurgeon.  Have a CT/Myelogram with contrast.  This will either find the cause somewhere in your spine or rule out a spinal cause.  I always go to my chiro at least 2X/month to stay aligned and keep my SI joints unlocked.  But...as in the above post...sometimes the cause is spinal and nothing but surgery will work. 

Get the test...find the cause...fix it.

• Posted

Hi Chico

I am going to mention some of your stuff when I see a Dr this week to refer me for a second opinion , also when I get to see a surgeon I will also mention it thank you ..

Mimm xx

• Posted

Let us know.  If this requires surgery, there are so many options from simple laminectomies to all types of fusions.  I've had two decompressive laminectomies, a TLIF fusion (rails and screws, picture 1) and an LLIF (lateral) fusion, picture 2.  All have been very successful.  After 45 years of playing hockey, my neuro has called my spine a "junkyard".  Add a new right hip and left knee and the 4 1/2 pounds of metal in there make me the TSA's worst nightmare at the airport!!!

• Posted

Dear AM1192

I was suffering for all of that and more in my L5 S1, 2 weeks ago I said, what else do I have to loose?

I went to have an ALIF Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fussion.

Yes... surgery, today I saw my Dr for my 2 week follow up, and there is so much hope is unbelievable.

I do have pain for the surgery of course, but I feel better.

Go ahead an inquire in the internet about that surgery. If you need more info, I'll be glad to help.

There are options.

Good luck

di

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.