Physio update three weeks TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Today I went for my second physio as I only go every two weeks, as with having left knee TKR physio said you know what to do save you coming back all the time. So today Connor said right lets see what you have achieved....

bend was 100 now 105 straightening was three now two get in there....lol

then he said you knee is very stiff we need to move it about oh no not again ....well my husband put his coat over his head Connor started to laugh as the swear words came out thick and fast lol..

omg it hurt he tugged it pushed it shoved it till it loosened up my god I did not like that then he said your quads are tight so he massages my quads deeply omg Tourette's started again but we all ended up laughing ....

after the torture he said lynn your doing great I don't want to see you for another two weeks do these other exercises at home and keep up the good work no wonder he does not want to see me hahaha

3 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Ha ha that really made m laugh Lynn.  I haven't had any manipulation done yet and by the sounds of it don't want it.  My knee is very stiff this week and I'm finding my new exercises quite difficult to do.  But will persevere as overall they are pleased with me. I'm 5 weeks today can't believe its gone so quickly.  
    • Posted

I was biting the pillow Elaine I said to Connor I want to hit to so hard but I will swear in the pillow instead lol
    • Posted

Well........he said you knew what to do and you did it..........maybe you missed his point a bit but at least you felt better.

I know it sounds crazy, but I can't wait to get back to the point of pain with a purpose. 6 weeks of just sitting here with a leg that can't be bent and 4+ hrs of having to just bide my time waiting for the infusions to end is such a boring use of life and at my age I have damn little to just waste. We had a dandy thunder storm that left over an inch of badly needed rain during the night. It also left a swollen and very painful leg to work through this morning.

Overall, sounds like you are making great progress and with your history, you will be up and running (well, walking fast at least).

Keep up the good work and maybe you can find some high quality ear plugs at a good price for your husband. Like the old story about the guy that went to the dentist

As soon as he sat down and got comfortable he reached over and grabbed the dentist by the crotch, looked him in the eye and then explained, we're not gonna hurt each other are we doc?

• Posted

Roflao old guy if Connor hurts me again I will grab his crotch and say that to him lol kerp your chin up we look forward to reading all about you soon enough when you get your leg sorted Hun xx
    • Posted

Oh I love that one, but if I did it it could be called sexual harassment .  
  • Posted

I'll bet you don't want to see him either!
    • Posted

Oh Martin in sitting here with my ice packs on it now throbbing knee I hate that physio lol
    • Posted

sometimes wonder if it really is such a good idea. . being so agressive with the poor knee. . but your first one is a complete success, isn't it, and was given the same treatment???
    • Posted

Yes left TKR was total success but as I said having right TKR At 15 weeks later is making left leg very sore like having two new knees at once 
    • Posted

rolleyes Poor you . . .But at least it will be over and done quicker than if you had waited six months. . . . .Not a lot of help at the moment though!
  • Posted

well  done Lynn yuor post has given me hope, my knee feels as though it will never ever bend again !!!
    • Posted

Never give up dotty we all give one another hope and a few laughs on here
  • Posted

Wow lynn, I can't imagine only going to "therapy" once every 2 weeks. I go 3 times a week and am glad I do! I do different exercises almost every day and have use of the exercise equipment, which I don't have at home. It sounds like you are doing great tho. My therapist massages my knee for 15 mins each visit and then moves my kneecap for 5 mins. It isn't painful at all since it is done so frequently. I I suggest using a muscle rub on your thigh, it saved my life the first couple weeks!! Massage it in deep and you will notice less pain and tightness within a couple days. Good luck to you!!
    • Posted

I'm with you Mary. When they decide the staph is sufficiently been suppressed and I finally get a new prosthesis reinserted I will go to a rehab facility for 2-3 weeks. ( its necessary for me to do this as my wife is in advancing stage of Parkinson's disease and I am too much of a burden to add to her situation). While there I'll get a total of 3 hrs daily pt/or and one hour on weekends. Then I'll come back home where home health will visit 3 times weekly, 45 min each. By that time I'll be able to go to outpatient PT 3 times a week for several weeks. Medicare has a maximum $$$ amt per year, per incident but the rehab facility aren't charged against that amount. Considering the fact I have been in an immobilizer since march 4th with a max 40° bend and will have to remain that way till the reinstallation of the joint, then another complete reopening of the knee just like the original and revision plus the original attempt in Nov 2013 to eradicate the staph, the old knee will take a lot of coaxing, sweet talk and swearing to get it moving which wouldn't be possible without a lot of help from the pros. As of yet, I'm not a leg and at the university medical school/hospital but I'm certainly going on it. I got my accounting for the 6 days in hospital time for removing the hardware last month and not including docs and misc fees the bill was $79,000 and I'm sure the next go round will be close to $100000. In 12 + years since the tumor first started all this, billing has to be close to 1 million $. Of course that's a lot of blue sky as they probably have actually been paid less than half. Still a lot of money trying to get an old guy back on both feet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.