PI-IBS?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was diagnosed with c. diff in early October after several rounds of antibiotics. Believe it has been cleared after three rounds of medication but still have concerning GI issues that I think/hope are Pi-IBS (post infectious IBS) but my health anxiety has me panicked over IBD.

My current symptoms are alternating constipation (2-3 days) then soft but formed bowel movements (1-5 times a day). With these bowel movements, often feel I am not "finished" and may push more out later in the day. This is also accompanied by a pressure/fullness feeling in my rectum. In addition, have mild bloating, gas, belching, increased urination, and occasional mild cramps and assorted pains in different areas. Have had no blood since before my c. diff diagnosis (doctor thought it was an anal fissure), no fever, and no joint pain.

Am currently taking a fiber supplement, probiotic, drinking kefir, and trying to drink a lot of water. Also on Zoloft to try and help with my increased anxiety.

My GI wants to do a colonoscopy to rule out IBD or microscopic colitis even though she thinks this is PI-IBS. Recent blood work was normal.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like IBS.  I have stress related IBS and have similar symptoms to you.  However, it is important to rule out other causes as well.
  • Posted

i have post infection ibs and excalty the same as you back aches all th time the full feeling sometimes i can go up to 8 times a day it sucks!
    • Posted

Yes, had a bad bout Sunday (drank too much on NYE) and had around 8/9 movements. Has calmed down since with only 3 yesterday and 2 so far today so really need to be better about my food and drink choices.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.