PI IBS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Looking for some info on pi ibs and if anyone has seen or experienced themselves a mild form of ibs which has gotten better really on its own. I've seen that pi ibs has a pretty good outlook for possible recover with in 1-5 years but have not heard of anyone who experienced it. Any info is much appreciated.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have stress related IBS which has been very mild since my diagnosis in 2015. Pain only really flares up when stressed and my bowel habits are mainly normal.
    • Posted

I feel mine is stress related but then again I feel like I don't notice that I am stressed and I suddenly have a flare up. I do smoke cigarettes , about 10-12 a day and wonder if this also could play with bowel habits. I feel I have a flare up every couple days which is accompanied by cramping, lower abdominal soreness and one loose bowel movement (not necessarily diarrhea). I feel that it shouldn't happen this often. Are your symptoms similar or different ?

• Posted

I don't know about the effects of nicotine on the bowel because I don't smoke.  My flare ups improved after diagnosis and stress is the only thing that can set it off for me.  Sometimes, I get a flare up straight after stress or a day or two after the stressful incident,   Try distraction techniques like exercise, or a hobby to take your mind off your symptoms.  Anxiety will make your  symptoms worse.

My symptoms were worse before diagnosis because no one could help me and I had bad health anxiety. Controlling anxiety is the key to reducing your flare ups.

• Posted

I suffer because of my medications I have to take so it is always around in its own sweet way Lol

I hope all goes well for you

BOB

• Posted

I have pi ibs and have constant complaints have had it since September it sucks!!! I want my life back 😕

• Posted

I've had it since about the same time! What are your symptoms ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.