PI-RADS 4 - high: 8, finding of mild benign prostatic hypertrophy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had seed implant radiation 12 years ago for prostate cancer but now seems like it is back based on title of this message. i was assured seed implant radiation would take care of cancer but warned if it returned treatment alternative would be limited. I'm 62 and hoping for survival. any thoughts ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The first step is to ask if the person who claimed PIRADS 4 is highly experienced in prostate images. If not, then take the images to be reported on by someone who really knows his/her stuff.

Whoever assured you that RT would "take care of the PCa" was wrong. There are no guarantees, there

are statistics and individual variations to those statistics.

• Posted

thank you. i realized RT was more risk then removal for addressing PC. hopefully can still be treated now.

• Posted

My brother had his prostate removed as he felt that was it, gone. He was told that if he had radiotherapy it could come back and also that he could not then have surgery to remove his prostate. I am not sure how true that is.

• Posted

yes, i was told that once they do radiation removal is no longer an option. also, that if it comes back you are screwed. hoping they can prolong things at least?

• Posted

True. In that case systemic therapy can be applied ie hormone therapy.

• Posted

i appreciate replies. i will look in to these alternative. thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.