Pica plz someone get this

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've ate pencils since time began, just guessing as I have no actual memory but in class I would chew on my pencil ( anxiety ) as I now understand it. 

I remember the smell of pencil sharpenings making me salivate and having a strong desire to eat them and so did. I remember fences being creosoted in the summer and again the strong desire to eat that taste, my moms old car whilst warming the engine on choke on a cold day, that smell of the exhaust mmmm 

I've spent my life eating these things and have ( in the last 2 years) sought professional help but have had no joy as either Gp ( no clue) new Gp said stick to eating pencils ( had escalated to nail polish ) mental health worker ( never heard of it ) explanation ensued and response non plus on being due for discharge I spoke again that my pica had not been addressed and was told " not our area of expertise) told new Gp and advised if any bleeding in blood or vomit to tell them,huh ? Am I crazy ? I'm so confused 😩 X 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello! 

Nutritional deficiencies can sometimes cause pica. Has your GP tested you for any?

• Posted

No they haven't and as per my post, seem uninterested hence my dissolution and confusion ? 

Thank you for your response x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.