Picking things up off floor.

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had both hips replaced 9 weeks ago. I'm coming along nicely. However, my flexibility is horrible. I still have three weeks of 90 degree precautions remaining.   Once my precautions are lifted I need to relearn how to pick things up off the floor again. It has been years since I could do it without getting down on one knee. I have found good info on how to do it with one hip done, but not two.  Any advice on how I can retrain myself to do this safely?  Flexibility is key I'm sure, but tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jim, my surgeon gave me the okay with no restrictions after 3 months.  At that point you can practice stretching each day.  I'm now 6 months post op.  Yoga is great for strengthening and stretching. You should be able to get your full mobility back within the next 6 months or so. 

• Posted

Hi Jim,Haveyou looked on You Tube.I looked there today for exercises from Physical Therapist.There were also contact Phone Numbers and Websites with additional referrals.Also ask your OS or if you have a PT ask them to get you started so you can start practicing when it is safe for you to do so.Good Luck👏🌷

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.