PICOLAX V KLEENPREP

Posted , 2 users are following.

KLEENPREP?.....never ever again!. I have had 5 colonoscopies in the past and have always been given PICOLAX for the prep  which was always tolerable and taken in 2 doses the day before  the colonoscopy, so therefore I normally finished opening my bowels the following morning and then made my way to the hospital. However with KLEENPREP 2 sachets are taken the day before the colonoscopy AND 2 sachets are taken at 8am and 10am ON THE DAY of the procedure!!!. So how on earth are you supposed to get to the hospital when you are still using the toilet continuously!..? especially if you have a morning appointment. ALSO with picolax you disolve the sachets in a small cup of water then drink lots of fresh water...BUT with KLLENPREP it is actually mixed with all the water and tastes awful and gag wrenching. I could not drink or tolerate the last sachet but in the instructions it said this was ok IF your motions were semi clear and watery which mine were. I`m going to insist on Picolax in 2 years time. Still the MOST important thing is that I was all clear with 2 polyp removed...regards...

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Picoprep by far from my research is the best small glass with it mixed in with around 2-3 litres of water for the day. I would stick with Picoprep only

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.