Pictures?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi All.

ive posted a few pictures in the past of my journey, anyone else care to share theirs? X I do feel this helps others on their journey! Come on be brave, before and after! X

1 like, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I am four weeks post op today, these were taken at the weekend x
    • Posted

Fabulous! They are looking great! You've got to be happy with those? X
    • Posted

keep the bandage on! It will close up more x 
  • Posted

Had my left foot operated December 2014, to remove a bunion and straighten my big toe using two pins etc. My surgeon used the Scarf Akin method. I rested my foot as much as I could for 7 weeks and then went back to full weight bearing, walking and driving. Had an EXCELLENT result. The right foot gets dine next month. Can't wait. LadyPink
    • Posted

oh wow! Again looking so good! I love seeing pictures! This is what we have all wanted for do long! Bring on your next op x good luck x imagine next summer? Sandals x lol 
    • Posted

Thanks Rae for your good wishes. It IS interesting to see other people's pictures isn't it? If my right foot turns out to be as successful as my left one after the op, then I shall be a very happy bunny. And I DID wear sandals this summer by the way. At 4 months I bought Crocs (rubber) clogs like surgeons wear - except mine were BRIGHT PINK!  So roomy and comfortable especially if your foot is still slightly swollen. Then later at about 6 months I found their little flat sandals called Crocs 'Cleo' an absolute dream. A size bigger than normal is advisable as it gives you that extra width and both styles have the shaped footbed - great if you have flat feet like me. For the first time ever I could walk with a spring in my step. I was even at a wedding in July and wore high heels (for a very short time) - then my foot told me it had had enough! Good luck to you and everyone with your recoveries. LadyPink
  • Posted

Hi Rae - LadyPink back again - I forgot to mention I am almost 71 yrs so no one is ever too old to have their bunions sorted out. I had very little pain - nothing that two paracetamols couldn't fix. LadyPink
  • Posted

This is only the ones I can find. I had my left foot done in February and my right in May. The first two pictures are my feet now. The one on the end are of each foot at four weeks post op. Sadly I have a cyst on my right scar that I have to have removed. But never mind.
    • Posted

Sally they look so good! I'm dealing with swelling at the moment. How long did it take for yours yo go down? X
    • Posted

My first foot seemed to take for ever but my second foot was very quick, I don't think there is any right or wrong amount of time just try to hang in there x
  • Posted

Here is the story of my left foot, took a photo just about every month since 26 March this year.  I guess the before and after photo, first and last, shows the improvement,  BUT Im not happy with my middle toe, the scar tissue seems to have stuck to my fused bone frown There is a bit of a difference between June and now, but only that my ankle isnt so badly swollen.  Im still limping, still have aches and pains, still put my foot up regularly.  But I guess its only 5 months this week.
    • Posted

Hi Barbara. Your foot looks good, but I see what you mean about the line. I have a line on mine but it's higher up than yours, sort of in the middle of my second toe, ,mines a bit lumpy too, but early days, give it time, then ask the Dr for advice, I'll wear a tie ring if I have i and too lol x
    • Posted

Mine is like a dimple, it goes into the bone, I think I could manage a scar like the others but this one is annoying.  My grandchildren laughingly say it looks like someone has chopped off the toe and stuck it back, well I guess that's a bit true - he just left the skin at the back whole.  Because I am unsatisfied they haven't discharged me from hospital outpatients.  Each time I go they say give it time, but next in October I'm having more X-rays.  Thing is I think the bone has fused but it has fused to the skin as well.  Nothing much they can do about that I suppose.  I have been massaging it more regularly in the hope it will free up from the bone,  The ring sounds like a good idea in the summer months, but soon I guess it'll all be covered up with socks etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.