Piece of red flesh on toe

Posted , 3 users are following.

i dont have an ingrown toenail because since i cut my toes last week, it feels like ive got an ingrown nail and today i took off my shoes and found a small oval shape of flesh sticking out of my big toenail. I also have sharp pains when i put pressure on the bottom of the toe and side.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It's hard to say without seeing a picture. However, if you've recently injured your foot, your body will sometimes try to grow new skin, quickly, to fix the problem. The thing is, our bodies don't always grow it like it's supposed to. It could be an overgrowth of new cells (skin).

• Posted

i havent injured my toe but i do wear pointy brouges which dont usually cause me any pain but since i had cut my toenail it had been infected and it looks like to me that the shoe has squashed my toe and squeezed out the bit that i said looks like flesh from underneath. But i dont think i have an ingrown nail, cant find any similar situations anywhere so i came here

• Posted

It's very possible it's an overgrowth of cells, BUT you definitely need to show it to your primary care doctor. It could be a cancerous growth, though unlikely. Better to be safe, obviously. If you have a pic, that would help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.