Piles never stop bleeding

Posted , 4 users are following.

After a diagnosis of piles some months ago I relaxed as I was convinced it was bowel cancer. However the bleeding continues every day - just a small amount and bright red. The doctor has referred me for a flexiblie sigmoidoscopy in a few weeks. I've just been reading Dr Google and now everything points to bowel cancer especially as im 64. I am getting myself in such a state I can't sleep for worrying. Has anyone else had piles that bleed all the time? I would appreciate any comments. Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I think that is just normal as it bleeds bcoz of the seizure. I had bleeding too just days ago. At first, i did not notice. And thought it was just my poo. But then the next time i had BM, there is drip again after. So i look at it in the light, and saw that it was not a wet poo but blood. But it does not hurt.

I got scared and googled what it could be and what i could do. And i found out about hemorrhoids and anal seizures and colon cancer.

I was reallly scared and disappointed bcoz i dont drink nor smoke. i just started working and i thought, all my pays would only get to operations and medicines. Or worse could not continue working anymore.

But thank God for this forum, i learned i am not alone in this situation. And it is not a rare case. And could not be really serious.

I did not resort to check up or doctor at once. Bcoz i have read one comment that it would go away in few days. Only needed to eat more fiber and water.

I did that. No meat in my food list. Water therapy. Do not force too much in BM. And after two days no more blood after poo.

I am relieved. Thank God. Just pray and dont think too much about it.

• Posted

Hi Eileen. I know exactly how you feel I started with bleeding 6 weeks ago and was diagnosed with internal piles. It is only this last week I've not had bleeding every day.it still worries me it may be something else .I am planning on going back to my doctor.

• Posted

Hello Eileen I cam across your posts about bleeding piles and thought I would tell you of my experience.  I do not know how things are with you now as your posts are some months ago so if all is well now great.  I suffer from IBS and anxiety (so I know how frightened you were about bowel cancer).  I had a spell of constipation and started getting blood in stools which did not go away.  My gp did a rectal exam but  could not find anything.  She thought it was probably piles but further up in the rectum.  She prescribed a fibre drink as well and referred me to the hospital.  Like you terrified I had bowel cancer I had a colonoscopy which was ok great surgeon and nurses talked me through the procedure.  Result was one benign polyp removed and diagnosis of small hemmeroids and diverticular disease (no diverticulitis) and hopefully it won't progress providing I stick to a healthly diet and don't get constipated.  The diverticular are scattered all down the left hand side of the colon. He said the bleeding could have been from either the divericular or the piles.  No follow up needed.  He had offered to band them but I was so relieved that there was no cancer that I said no.  He did say that most people don't have them done.  He did not seem concerned at all.  Whether I will need them done in the future I don't know.  Mine started bleeding again due to lumpy stools (more to do with the IBS I think).  I saw my gp again and she did say about going back for banding but have declned at the moment as there is no pain and don't want them done and find out it is the divericular causing it.  I have been trying cream and suppositories on doctor advice and it does seem a lot better only small amount of red blood some days.  I also continue with the fybogel with mebeverine drink in the morning.  This one is recommended for IBS sufferers to keep regular.  I also drink lots more water and less tea more fruit and veg wholemeal bread and a few treats.  My husband at the moment is undergoing tests for prostate cancer so once we know what is happening with him if I find the bleeding does not stop I will ask to be referred back to the hospital for possible banding.  I will be 70 later this year so obviously had told my self it was cancer and was delighted but also surprised that is wasn't.  Hope this helps if you read this do let me know how it is going.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.