Piles of problems

Posted , 8 users are following.

During pregnancy I had inherited some piles(quite a few) They were inactive and didn't hurt me. Recently have a very very painful pile(heamoroid). Has anyone else suffers form any piles. How do you treat ir or stop the pain? Is this to do with peri again? Too emberrassed to go to the gp for it.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I suffer dreadfully. I've got fissures too (little tears in the skin) so itchy and sore. Mine only started when peri started so I think they're linked. Doc gave me some cream, bought OTC stuff, nothing works. Mine is worse just before and during my period and around ovulation. Sorry I can't suggest a remedy but at least u know ur not alone x
    • Posted

Thank you Donna, it is certainly good to know I am not alone. Thank you. Sorry to hear you suffer too. Good luck to you too.
  • Posted

I to suffer from Hemrrhoids with all the stool i go and it is unbearable you can take a zits bath or just sit in a tub a hot water and use hemrrhoid cream they are over counter 
  • Posted

Hi, Yes I got them giving birth and apart from the first few weeks after they never bothered me until perimenopause. Then first they began to itch so I've had to change from thongs to knickers with a bum lol.

Then later I became constipated and that caused them to become painful again.

• Posted

Oh dear dear, glorious peri peri! Thank you for sharing. Good to know I am not alone
  • Posted

I too suffered with piles in pregnancy but they still flare up now i find the suppositories are the best things to use and usually settles them down x
  • Posted

I know it can be very painful. I got them from giving birth, as many of us do...mine flare up from time to time.

Three years ago, whilst on holiday in New York ( I'm from London!) I was walking and standing loads, my system got out of synch so a bit constipated too...had to buy OTC cream from pharmacy...

It eventually calmed down.

I suffered a very bad case a few months ago and had to go to GP. There doesn't seem to be a lot they can do ( as usual!)

For me, the most important thing is to never get constipated...for my own well being and piles...

To prevent this, I eat healthily , walk lots and take 400mg magnesium

Goo luck jx

• Posted

Oh Dear, brings tears to my eyes just thinking about pilescry.  I suffered from late teens to mid twenties, trying every OTC remedy possible. I had injections (not pleasant) and finally had to have surgery which stopped me being able to work for 18 weeks.  Enough of the horror stories....

Eat plenty of fibre - things like Weetabix, jacket potatoes, porridge etc and plenty of fruit.  Keep well hydrated with water, constipation results when fluid is removed from the stools causing them to harden and be difficult to pass.  Fybogel can be bought OTC, but is not to everyone's taste (yuk!).

After going to the loo don't wipe, if possible have a warm (not hot) shower and pat dry or try unscented baby wet wipes.

Haemorrhoids are not funny, nor should they be a source of embarrassment - it's amazing how common they are. If you are really suffering see what your GP can offer, there are treatments other than the radical haemorrhoidectomy.

I hope you get some relief soon 

xx  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.