Piles - Reassurance on bleeding!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been getting a very small amount of blood in my stool and on wiping for the past month. Its bright red in colour. Its maybe a drop every other week or so. It's usually when I have a large poo or tend to push hard.

I know I have an internal pile. I've not lost any weight. I have number 2's which are sometimes mushy then sometimes hard. It mainly depends on how I'm feeling mentally as my anxiety plays havoc with my bowels. I've got ibs too but I don't think I help that as I literally have a terrible diet. I eat alot of rubbish and don't drink enough water.

Ive been to the GP and got some suppositories for a week to use. But I don't know if that will resolve the issue as I'm just not believing its just piles.

What other tests should I be pursuing with the GP? Not fancying a colonoscopy at all yet.

Anyone else had piles and the suppositories have worked and they do go?

I think I'm just wanting some other people's stories with there piles to help me to think straight as I'm worrying out my mind!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i first went to the docs in 2020 with bleeding while having a bm tried didnt diets, creams , and nothing worked (turns out im gluten intolerant) anyway kept at the doctors cause i kept bleeding, lockdown down happened then went back to doctors and we started from scratch..... had a colonoscopy which went well and the procedure its self was ok but the moviprep drink you have to drink to flush you out was the worse part, all came back clear.... still bleeding kept telling them it was internal haemorrhoids that had prolapsed cause it had all gone on so long... 4th jan went to see the colorectal surgeon who examined me and put the camera up and yep loads of internal haemorrhoids so he banded 3 and i need to go back again so he can do the rest so im holing im on the right path, little but ill have some oain killers for my next appointment ..... youve just got to keep nagging cause it can be so disheartening at times and depressing , try and force liquids/water down everyday cause i can go days without any

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.