Pill in Pocket for Afib?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been diagnosed with paroxysmal afib and had 2 documented episodes in 7 years. That said, I get PACS, short flutters and sudden onset of short periods of sinus tachycardia every day. I take 2.5-5mg Bisoprolol daily.

I will soon be facing a very stressful and emotional period in my life and I do not want afib to fire up and end up in hospital as I won't be in my home country of Canada (I will be in UK and this is where my 2nd episode of afib occurred earlier this year!) The healthcare service in my Province of Canada has limited resources and I cannot get any treatment as my internist thinks I am doing well. I am doing well but will not be when I visit the UK again! He will not prescribe any other medication or even send me for an echocardiogram etc.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions how to go about this? Pill in pocket maybe? I will be visiting the UK within the next few months and want to feel as though I have a safety net in case stress gets the better of my flutters!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.