Pillows for Acid Reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been looking for a pillow to raise me slightly to combat acid reflux that sometimes wakes me during the night.  My GP has prescribed PPIs for a month, but I have had this condition all my life.

Has anyone come acress these pilows anywhere other than Amazon or Ebay as I have found they are quite expensive?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I found it better to raise the whole bedhead 7 inches. With pillows, your body can hinge in the middle putting pressure on the lower sphncter.

A couple of piles of old books works fine, but I use bed raisers.

• Posted

I have been looking at the wedge pillows, and  the prices are astronomical £60 to over £200!  And, there is a tendency for a pillow to slide down them. so you are constantly have to wake up and rearrange.  So, rather defeats the purpose!   My bed is an antique French Baroque, so the feet are of the period, and the bed valuable.  Would a "Google" search fnd a supplier for the bed raisers?  I can take a look at them and see if they would damage the bed.
  • Posted

I have raised my bed with a block of wood and found it better than raising a pillow

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.