Pilolandal sinus damage

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had surgery to drain some pus from a sinus that I had and then I had to have surgery to remove my cocoyx bone but just before that surgery to remove it I had spasms and it's a very sharp pain it can last up to 5minutes and I am still experiencing it I tense up and can't seem to move when it happens and it really does bring tears to my eyes it happens in my sleep or when I am out and about I mentioned to the doctor and they gave me dihydrocodeine but it's not helping what could this pain be as it is worse than labour could this be nerve damage please help as it really does make me want to be sick when it happens and I can't stop it from coming and don't know when the pain it goingvto come again

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I am awaiting operation number 10 now, i noticed last year i was suffering with a numb hip on one side. I mentioned it to the gp but thought nothing of it. Then i got pain, all i can discribe it as is someone has a pair of tweezers in my wound, pinching it over and over. The pain is horrible! Bad days it goes right down my legs too. I went back to the gp, who diagnosed nerve damage, and weakness to the left side of my hip, all thanks to unavoidable damage due to surgery. I have to have the surgeries, and the nerve dameage is unavoidable. I take amitriptaline nightly and im on 3 doses of gabapentin during the day. Maybe ask dr? The gabapentin works on the brains pain signals, so i may not feel like its working but it has made the daily pain a tiny bit more bareable! I hope u get some help 💕
    • Posted

Is the doctor that performs your surgeries a collorectal surgeon? They are the right ones, usually general surgeons can't correct this sort of problem. Also, have you heard of the VAC machine? After my last surgery this small device was placed on my wound and it avoided further infection, plus helped my wound heal much faster.
    • Posted

My wound has healed just got the scars but the pain I get from the area is unbearable it makes me tense up and come close to tears the dihydrocodeine do nothing. I am going to have to go back to gp I just don't want to sound like a fool but I can't handle the pain when it comes it makes me sick to the stomach as all I can do it is breath it away
    • Posted

It's horrible all I can describe theses spasms like is worse than labour when they come they stay in the same area and I tense up and an so close to tears when they come as pain is unbearable like feels like I have to push but all I can do us breathe it away but the pills are not helping I want to go back gp as cant.Keep suffering like this as something surely is not right but I dont want to sound like a fool but I just want to know what is causing these awful spasms when I get them.
  • Posted

Hello! I had 3 surgeries to remove an infection caused by pilonidal cysts. After the last surgery I had those spasms too. They hurt and are uncomfortable but it's part of the healing process. Mine lasted for 5-6 months and then were gone. I wish you the best. If you have any other questions,let me know.
    • Posted

I had them after the drainage and before the removal of tailbone and other surgery I am fully healed from the surgeries as it has been well over a year since my last something clearly is not right the pain is worse than labour when it comes mostly occurr in my sleep but now and then I could be busy walking or sitting the spasm comes and the pain is unbearable it shoots right threw me but stays in around the same area when I get them it sometimes.es feels like I needed to push the pain away but all I can do is breath it away and as I say the tablets don't do nothing.
    • Posted

Have you tried talking to your surgeon about the pain or looking for a pain management Doctor? I believe those are good options
    • Posted

Some times when conventational pain meds dont work people use CBD oil( it is derived from the hemp plant and it doesnt Get people "high", it only helps to diminish pain and it is legal in the UK and Most countries in the world). Ive used acupunture for different types of pain in my body and it works wonders but you should consult with a doctor before you try it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.