Pilonidal cyst complications before and after full excision?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi there

i was happy that my infected cyst would be healed by its own after one week clindamycine and drainage by dr. but since last week it feels like it is loading with fluid and secretes after 2months. i felt it is going to be infected sth downthere i got antibiotics from dr and he says it is not sth that be healed by its own without surgery.i cant do surgery withing next 6months and im worried what else i should do? why it doesnt stop? how come i was living in comfort my whole 30yrs of life and all of a sudden such thing comes out? i have heard lots of horrible stories about people not doing surgery and they got malformations there. i dont care about scar that much i prefer to do a full excision but how hard is it to be healed? i dont work so resting in my moms house for 4months is ok but i cant imaging having a full blown hole down there. it scares me. what happens to the nerves down there? can i sit like normal afterwards?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. My son has this problem so on his behalf I sympathise! He had one full excision and it was not properly cared for by docs so didn't heal and he's had loads of problems. My advice wd be get gd surgeon and have someone in family pack and clean daily which is what I did. It needs daily attention definitely. His last op was sept and nearly healed now. Have you had excision yet?
  • Posted

Gill the lady who's replied to you knows what she's on about..definitely look for a good surgeon.. if u can find my posts also read myn there quite helpful too.. and look for a lad named Plymouth Pete. .he has in depth posts too.. don't just jump in your surgery if it can be avoided

Dan

• Posted

Definitely agree with Daniel. This site has so much good advice. What worked for my son not the right thing for all cases. I wish we had researched surgery more before first op. It's such a nightmare, and often general surgeons just aren't expert enough. Good luck
  • Posted

Colorrectal surgeons are the best to deal with these kinds of cysts. I had a gigantic wound but it healed faster with a wound healing machine. Not all  of those wounds can be healed by this machine so you should have a person pack it daily and clean it with any type of wound cleaner found at those specialized "hospital" stores(where the have different types of gauze, bandages, etc.) I'm all healed now and some parts of your glutes will not have much "feeling" do to nerve damage but you'll feel most of it when you sit(don't focues on that).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.