Pilonidal Sinus - Endoscopic Treatment

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had a pilonidal sinus surgery on the 16th October 2017, it was done via endoscopy. 

So I am continuously going to the nurse to have my dressing changed. I am still unable to sit on the wound.

I just wanted to know how long this would take to heal?

My surgeon said it would take some time.

Please help

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Edit: I had 3 pits/sinuses 
  • Posted

Hi, I had my surgery on the 24th November 2017,

I was stitched, which is rare and was due for the removal on the 8th Dec. However come the 3rd, I was leaking fluid really badly, diagnosed with infection at a&e and sent away. Come the 5th, I was down a&e for 6 hours to have 3/4 of the stitches removed as I was being torn open and the leaking was absolutely horrendous. I was packed and sent on my way. Come the next day, I had to be packed twice because I ruined the first lot through more terrible leaking. Today (7th) I was packed at the drs by nurses and so far so good (it's been 9 hours) and although I can see fluid staining, it's so far contained. The nurses said I'm looking at another 2 weeks or more and can't attend uni. My cavity is 5.3cm deep.

Let me know how youre doing and good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.