Pilonidal sinus or perianal fistula?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I need help with clarifying what this is...Does fistula always have an opening on the skin? or its a scar after a pilonidal cyst drain scar post surgery? I couldn't find any openings at all. Neither the Colo rectal surgeon.

i had my abscess drained in early 2011 through outpatient surgery. The abscess was located almost on the crease line slightly above the anus. Several years passed, in 2019 im facing trouble almost every couple of months.

When i get too gassy or constipated, it bleeds in that area and heals on its own within a day or 2. I don't even see any external opening, all I see is a tiny red cut, or a tiny red line on the crease line slightly above the anus. If i ride bike or workout in gym, it bleeds exactly in the scar area. No opening like Fistula or something. All i see always is a tiny red cut in the crease line slightly above the anus.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hello i am a 37y male i got a anal fistula it drains pus and some times blood to whats the best treatment for it i really dont want to get surgery i have heard do many bad things of surgerys i had it years ago back on 2002 the abscess but drained and cleared up withing months but now back on 2017 it started again any advise on any home remedies or something

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.