Pilonidal sinus recovery question

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, all I just have a question for you guys about life after surgery. I had a large pilonidal cyst about 7 years ago the doctors said it was quite large I was put under 4 times and kept in the hospital for 2 weeks as I received treatment. The doctor said it was congenital and ended closing the area rather than leaving it open. Anyways to this day I often get aches and tenderness in the evenings and was wondering if anyone ells gets this as well. I am so nervous about developing one again and don’t know if the aches are normal.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had mine removed 2 months ago, and I've just been cleared to be able to sit down properly. I work in an office so I'm sat down all day and I've started getting aches too, it goes numb also, has this happened to you? I wasn't sure if it was normal either since it's not been long since my surgery! have you found the answer to whether or not that's a sign to it coming back? Hopefully not! 

• Posted

Hi, I know this was response was a while ago but yeah i go through the same thing. It doesn't usually go numb but sometimes it does.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.