Pilonidal sinus wound keeps opening up before fully closing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had pilonidal sinus for a year and a half now and it just recently opened up again. The healing process is fine up until the time where the skin is thin and I have to be careful with it and make sure it doesn't open again. It's opened about 5 times so far and I'm pretty sure it's cuz I don't wash properly but I'm afraid that if I wash there ITLL open up. So I ended up not washing well. I was wondering does anyone know a way to wash there without opening the wound or if there's a way to speed up the skin thickening process. Thanks!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You must wash the wound area properly. If you do it gently and wash it with an antimicrobial soap the wound will Begin to heal. But it takes some time. wish you the best
    • Posted

The VAC machine is great for accelerating te healing process. Do some research on it and if you can use the silver sponge.
  • Posted

Hello mate, I'm in 9th month now since first surgery.. And it's broke open for the second time, myn went from bottom of back, to inch away from actually bum, 12cms long my slice of surgery..

Am feeling depressed now cos it just won't close.. It's been infected for like 2-3 weeks now and just finished metrodondosal excuse the spellling but it's the really strong antibiotic..

How long is yours staying closed till opening again

Did u go back to work? I've stayed on sick as I have a building site job.. Just don't know what to do.. Devastated mate

• Posted

I'm still in school but it opens after like a month or two. I can still go to school though. So sorry about your having to leave

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.