Pimple in nostril or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

About 2 weeks ago I developed what I thought to be a pimple in the upper edge of nostril cartilage. Thought it was healing but this morning after blowing and wiping nose i I've found it to be very tender again. When will this heal up completely?

Oh I aso have a nervous habit of rubbing my nose.

But I do not have acne anywhere else.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had nostril pimples in the past, but they've never lasted more than a week from what I can remember + I usually pop them (Not smart, I know).

I'd suggest leaving it for a while longer, keep it moisturised, clean and try to prevent it from becoming irritated.

If it doesn't clear up within a 5 week period (depends on healing process), make sure to get it checked out, just to be on the safe side smile

• Posted

You may have developed a tiny skin infection which keeps breaking open. These are quite common, especially in the nasal cartilage

. If you are in UK your GP will probably prescribe Naseptin nose cream,especially for this sort of infection. Without proper treatment these sores can keep breaking open for a long time.   

• Posted

How to remove pimple from face when it wouldn't remove above 1 month on your face 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.