Pimple or Cold sore

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys,

Is this a pimple or a cold sore? Whitehead developed around 3 days ago (first pic) and the 2nd pic (where it looks more yellow) is from tonight. Not on my lip just below. Looks to have scabbed a bit since yesterday although is not sore although is pulsating a bit. Pretty sure there was only 1 head which points towards pimple but are pimples meant to scab?

imageimage

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi james,

Is this pimple/query herpes a recurrent problem, occurring in the same part of your face? If this is the case, then herpes is the more likely diagnosis than a bacterial infection/boil. The only way of knowing is to see your GP/doctor to have the area swabbed for herpes DNA as well as bacteria.

Adhari

• Posted

Hmm it's not uncommon for me to get pimples on my lip line at various places but this one is the first I've gotten in a while. I'm 28 so shouldn't be getting pimples. The head has now fallen over ( in the shower I think) 3 days after I started to notice it

I can actually feel another one popping up on the other side of my under lip now. I'm pretty sure that one is a pimple because there is no head just a big red bump

• Posted

See photo this morning (I think there is a pimple forming below it too). So first photo was 3 days ago, 2nd last night and now this. Skin is smooth/no sensitive and I wouldn't have known it was there if I didn't look . image

• Posted

I would still be concerned about herpes (cold sore)...you should get it swabbed. If you can't or won't get it tested, then you should assume it's herpes and avoid kissing or having oral sex with someone to avoid passing the infection when it flares up.

• Posted

Just out of curiosity what makes you think it's a cold sore? Or are you not convinced either way

Because the more I look at it/research I think it's a pimple. Cant get tested as most doctors offices are only doing corona stuff right now

• Posted

A pimple (boil) is usually associated with facial acne. If you don't have a bad acne problem, and the photos and your posts doesn't mention an acne problem, then it makes a pimple less likely.

• Posted

Depends what you mean by problem. My acne is under control these days for the most part but I have been on doxycycline and epiduo for around 5 years as during my early 20s it was a big problem.

Appreciate your help though

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.