Pimples near rectum

Posted , 3 users are following.

Welcome,

I am 21 yo man who is sexual active and about 5 days ago I discovered 3 things simillar to the pimples about 0,40 inches from my rectum area. Are they pimples or is it something more serious? I feel them and they hurt a little.

I must add that two weeks ago I depliated myself in these areas, and whether this could be the reason?

If it is required I can do a photo.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Pleese, no pictures. They could be anal cysts.
    • Posted

If cysts you can't do it ourself, you need to see a doctor.

Although as you say it has happened so soon hair removal that it could be something else. Are you sure that they were not there previously?

• Posted

There is cream called Trimovate that is the Doctors favourite that would probably help but you need a prescription for it.
  • Posted

Hi, if you haven't experienced this prior to depilating the area, then that could most likely be the cause. It could simply be the hair trying to break through the skin. Personally I keep a light moisturiser on the area for a while, until the hair breaks through again. - and It's usually best not to irritate or pick at the area.

Also, there is alot of natural bacteria in that area, so sometimes when we shave or pluck the hair, it will allow an opening for the bacteria to get in and cause a postule or infection.

Not to scare you but, It is important to pay attention to the area. If the postule becomes extremely sore and/or becomes large - as if it is approaching a boil. See your GP right away. If a bacteria like Staphylococcus, or MRSA enters an opening in the skin you will most likely need medical attention. If it is an infection like that you may see the symptoms in a short amount of time (as in the next day or so).. I hope this helps and Good luck. Matt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.