Pimples on Body

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone I've had these small pimples affect me for several months now. I suspect something std related, but currently my doctor has ordered a blood sugar test so I'm awaiting those results.

They are small pimples, they appear in one area and disappear after a day or 2 and appear in another area sometime. I get few other spots that a bit tougher and bigger, but not often. They can be itchy and also itchy even when there are no pimples, mostly in the thighs. I have had the pimples mostly on the thighs, but also legs, lips, and recently I've discovered some on my face, arm,  testicles and the foreskin of the penis.

Like I said I suspect std, most likely herpes. Herpes I know is a common and untreatable condition,but these pimple(at least on the legs) are continuous and doesnt herpes happen a couple of times a year?

I've been to a sexual health clinic several times and when they look at them shrug like its not something they deal with or not recognise and therefore they do nothing. This clinic doesn't test for herpes as procedure, but I did manage a swab test on a pimple on my lip which was negative(however it was a burst pimple i.e. not a good sample). People that look also seem to not think it looks like herpes.

Basically what I'm doing is exhausting all possibilities because I don't want continous pimples on my body. I can deal with it if I'm going to have outbreaks just not one big one.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes It is a problem being itchy and discouraging to any one that sees. Mostly over the thighs, tip of penis and sometimes in other body places.
    • Posted

Then you should ask to be referred to a Dermatologist, you can either go to your GP or the GU Clinic.

Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for the link earlier and trying to help, but I was hoping for more advice than see a doctor which I am already doing?
    • Posted

I meant that you should ask one of the doctors you are seeing, to refer you to a Dermatologist, whom I believe you aren't seeing.
  • Posted

Does anyone else have an opinion?
  • Posted

Hi jimmy reading throught the discussion and I no it seems like everybody is saying the same thing but u should ask ur doctor to refer you to a dermatologist.  I had red lumps show up on my face somtimes they would be itch but I was back and for to the.doctors all yhe time and they were baffeled on my first day visiting the dermatologist he knew straight away what it was. Gerneral gp know alot but when it come to problems with skin they are a bit usless

hope this helps 

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. The Doc was a little grumpy when I saw her and said the Dermatologist would not see me because its to mild. Go figure. She say it could be hair folicules like someone else suggested. She gave me some lotion to use with an exfoilate sponge. If that does not help, then some oral antibiotics. She did not look at the spots on tip of my penis which I disovered recently. I'm taking it slowly with the next step as I have a lot to do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.