Pin out at last!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Came home last night somewhat elated after having x-ray (all fine) and pin removed. It was not quite pain-free and bled quite a bit but that is unusual, for anyone who is worrying, and it certainly was bearable. Amazed at just how long that flipping pin is! No wonder the top of my foot felt so stiff and uncomfortable.

As everyone says, I've found that you do start making progress and it does feel a lot better than even a week ago, especially with some of that nasty, crusty old skin flaked off from the scar. I'll have the other foot done next autumn but at least will know what to expect and what to do differently.

So now, I have one strangely narrow post-bunion foot compared to the other foot. It's been decades since I've seen it looking that narrow, an outcome that I didn't expect. Photos to follow.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone's toes etc feel numb almost like they are not on the end of your foot.  Hope that doesn't sound too daft😔
    • Posted

Not a daft question 😊 My big toe sometimes feels numb and when I move it, it sometimes tingles. There's also some numbness on the underside of the scar but been reassured that feeling will return. Think it's all normal stuff but this forum is a good place to ask the questions.
  • Posted

My big toe is numb but the others are fine. I can wiggle the big toe so hopefully ok.
  • Posted

That is reassuring to know that i am not the only one with a numb toe.  Yes it wiggles ok, so I am sure it is ok.  It was Sept 16 I had my op.  I feel quite normal todY I have thick tight and my Camper boots on Horray.  😳
  • Posted

The outcome sounds great. Sounds like it has all been worth it. Obviously hasn't put you off having the other one done so that is great!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.