Pin Removal

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have 3 long pins coming out of my first 3 toes. I have stitches coming out tomorrow. I know it will be painful.

Do they spray the freeze on toes before removing pins. so scared.

felt terrible pain having gauze taken off as it stuck to incisions. please help me prepare if you have gone through this procedure.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

HI,

I HAD PINS COMING OUT ALL MY TOES AND STITCHES IN BOTH FEET.

MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO TAKE SOMETHING FOR PAIN AN HOUR BEFORE YOU GO.

IT WAS PAINFUL BUT DOES NOT TAKE LONG SO BREATH AND GOOD LUCK

ROBYN

• Posted

I'd suggest taking something too. I cried when I had mine out as they don't freeze it. Hope all goes well for you x

• Posted

Hello I hope all is well with you but yes I have had this procedure done before and taking out the stitches just feel like a little pinch but it doesn't really hurt and yes taking out the pins in my toe that doesn't hurt at all I didn't even know the pin was taken out.

• Posted

Hey don't worry so much about it. The stress and worry were worse for me than the actual pulling out.. I had 2 6cm pins removed from one foot that were honestly painless. I didn't feel it at all. On the other foot I had an 11cm pin which was painful because it wouldn't come out easily. But even though it hurt, it was out in a minute. You could also take painkillers an hour before your appointment.

Good luck!

• Posted

I had Lapidus bunionectomy and in addition mallet toe correction on my second toe. I am wondering how your pin removal went. I will be going in at the end of January to have mine removed. I am not looking forward to it but the majority of replies to pin removal questions are positive. I do hope yours went well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.