pinch like pain 2.5 inches above belly button

Posted , 3 users are following.

Friday evening after dinner my daughter experienced a pinch like pain 2.5 inches above her bellybutton and within half an hour was severely nauseas. Took a gravol and the nausea went away but the pinching pain came and went every ten minutes lasting about 5 seconds thru out the night. The next day the pinch like pain was still there though not as often. She went to the hospital to make sure it is was not her appendix. The following few days the pinch like pain will come back once or twice a day lasting for about 5 seconds. Has anyone experienced this? The only meds she is on is Amitriptyline 10mg.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Was apprndicitis ruled out?  She should consider tapering off Amitriptyline with a view to stopping it completely. It can cause upset stomach and nausea as well as a host of other problems. Even at low dose, it can also cause withdrawal symptoms.
    • Posted

Thank you Pippa. Yes they did rule out appendecitis, also you are certainly correct re the Amitriptyline. What a horrible drug. I am very worried about her getting off of this drug. She gave it a try over Xmas and had a terrible time. I just hope that she gets off it and we can make sure her symptoms clear up and we are not facing something horribly serious
    • Posted

Hope you can get it sorted out.  I refused Amitriptyline at 10mg for neuropathic pain which my doctor wanted to prescribe.

• Posted

Just out of curiosity, what did this end up being? I’ve had the same problem for a couple of days now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.