Pinch on left side of throat under jaw, feel of mucus and breathing difficulty

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For the last couple of months, I've been experiencing a weird mild pain, more like a pinch only when swallowing drinks, on the left side of the throat, under the jaw, possibly near left lymph node.

Also there is mucus going on, (which I never had before). It just builds up for no reason and makes it difficult for me to breath. Then, when I drink it goes does and clears and I breathe ok, but after I swallow my saliva it just appears again. No lymph nodes swollen.

Now that's the weird thing. It's mild to not noticable during the day, and it gets worse in the evening. As if something is blocking me breathing. Possibly mucus? But why?

Is it humidity? Is it something stuck from food?

I have the Hashimoto gene, but it's not active right now. (no idea if it's relevant. I just mention it in case).

Checked my thyroid, and there's no problem.

Also, I've been to 4 different ENT doctors, they looked in my ears (and also checked something using sound), my nose and finally my throat with that mirror till my trachea.

Also checked me with the stethoscope. He said all is fine. It's in my head.

Only I know it isn't and now this ruins my life, AND my sleep, as it's blocking my airway and I'm scared I'm gonna die and I end up bursting into tears every single night,  because I have to take bigger breaths while streching my neck (move head back).

Anyone who has the same case or knows about this, just let me know, so I will know which doctor to finally see.

I'm totally lost!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Also, all this difficulty in breathing makes my heart race which then causes me to worry and stress
  • Posted

I'm sorry I forgot to mention this started with pain on tonsils 5 months ago and 1 month ago I took antibiotics because of tonsilitis with pus and now it's only what I mentioned above left.

• Posted

Last night i couldn't sleep, due to an ear ache on my left ear while also feeling pain on the left side of throat, below the jaw. sad I'm so sad no one believes me cuz the doctor said "all fine".

• Posted

I went to the doctor. I was gargling with mild warm water and salt every night, and it seems that it soothed the pain so I could sleep.

The doctor said it is streptococcal recurrent tonsillitis (recurring strep-throat).

He told me to gargle 3 times a day with Solu-ket (over-the-counter mouth wash), which has analgesic and anti-inflammatory action.

This is chronic condition, and it doesn't go away totally. But if it happens for a VERY, I insist, VERY long time and the pain is severe, ONLY then we should consider removing the tonsils. 

Let's all hope for the best for everyone.

• Posted

The breathing difficulty was due to stress, because I was worrying too much.

That's it. I'm out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.